Another Ex BG Maxi Build

Show off your caddy
BenasaurusRex
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Another Ex BG Maxi Build

Post by BenasaurusRex »

Hi all and welcome to my Ex BG Caddy build.

The van had already been lowered, carpet in the back and fog lights fitted before i got it. oh, and you'll see from the starting pictures that it came with a bed frame from the previous owner so it would be rude not to at least try and fit it into the build. The Caddy will be used as a daily driver as well as transporting my motorbike to trackdays.

This build might take awhile due to limited time I have to work on it, money and knowledge.

The the general idea I have for modifications are:

Cabin:
Touran dash swap
Touran door cards
Touran arm rest/centre console
Touran carpets
Double din headunit
Reversing camera
Touran seat bases and seat swap (Currently fancy the golf tartan seats)
Steering wheel swap (hopefully upgrade to Cruise/ speed limiter)

Back:
Bike mount
Tie down points for gear
Fit a bed

Exterior:
Hybrid front and rear bumpers
Upgrade side repeaters
Front headlight upgrade
Front and rear headlight tint
Caddy life mirrors
Side door rail covers
Alloys (As a very last thing)

Might have missed something and the list might change but you get the idea.

Last edited by BenasaurusRex on Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Popsicle
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Another Ex BG Maxi Build

Post by Popsicle »

Seems a good list to be going on with - good luck with it.
BenasaurusRex
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BenasaurusRex »

Thanks mate, told myself not to spend too much on it but looking at the list I think I've already gone past that :roll:
Mitch H
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Mitch H »

Plenty of tbings to keep you busy!
PeeWee2k
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by PeeWee2k »

Love the colour. Looking forward to see updates.

You will probably be able to build a bed with lighter/smaller materials. Makes it easier to fit drawers etc by building a new bed.
BenasaurusRex
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BenasaurusRex »

Thanks buddy, I love the blue more and more each time I look at it although it's a shame the rear spoiler is a slightly off blue but that's how it came from the previous owner. I like the idea of drawers but I tested my motorbike in the back and I had to remove the bed as theres no room for me to walk the bike in with the bed next to it, could fix the bed to the side of the van and have it fold up and the top part clip to the side of the van while loading.
Last edited by Giddy on Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
BenasaurusRex
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BenasaurusRex »

As a first job I thought I'd take the interior plastics and headliner out to colour them, the headliner wouldn't come out (I'm guessing due to the bulkhead and the carpet in the rear just creeps into the main cabin so it's tight up there) so I'll save that for another day. The plastics have all been painted but now I can't get the A pillars back in, I'll post finished pics when/if I ever do! :lol:
BenasaurusRex
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BenasaurusRex »

Finally got them in! One person to align and hold and the other to whack them in, here they are.

They are in a dark grey and I'm happy with how they came out, the shelf in the second photo is a solid colour it's just the satin finish reflecting the light from outside.

MrsMiniEggs
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by MrsMiniEggs »

Looks like a similar list to what I would like to do. I just picked up my 2013 ex BG caddy maxi and already wanting a head unit, seat and steering wheel upgrade. I'm so used to being able to use buttons on the steering wheel to control stereo etc and definitely would like heated seats if possible.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing pics soon!
BenasaurusRex
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BenasaurusRex »

Good luck with your build too! yes I keep pressing the buttons (or where they would be) on the steering wheel to change radio stations so a steering wheel swap is slowly moving up the list
Last edited by Giddy on Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
BenasaurusRex
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BenasaurusRex »

My van went over to see the guys at Caddy Solutions yesterday. They swapped the dash, door cards and arm rest from a MK3 Touran. I also had carpets fitted, headliner and shelf wrapped. While everything was out they did a few wire runs for me, speakers from behind the seats to the head unit, camera from the back and fitted a shark aerial. The mirror/rear camera are not functioning at the minute do to the fuse adapters not being correct for the fuse box but all the other wiring is done.

ImageImage
Image Image

Before I went to visit them I mounted the camera and colour coded the grab handle.

If you ever need anything fitting/retrofitting I can't recommend the guys at Caddy Solutions enough, they are well priced, a huge knowledge base, very fast and are happy answering any questions you might have about a Caddy.