Australian Caddy Maxi 4MOTION

Show off your caddy
gavoutdoors
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Australian Caddy Maxi 4MOTION

Post by gavoutdoors »

After a lot of deliberating about which type of vehicle to get for a bit of travelling and weekend getaways in Western Australia, we decided to go totally against the norm of 4x4s and get ourselves a van.

The potential vehicle had to tick alot of boxes for me and the main ones are:

It's got to be fairly comfortable and economical as it's still going be a daily driver.

It's going to be converted to a proper camper van, with enough space for both of us and everything we need for a few days off grid ie power, water, cooking gear and storage.

It's got to be versatile, with the ability to carry bikes and still have a single bed for solo adventures.

Capable enough to get off the main road and maybe a couple of overnighter on the beach, nothing crazy on the 4x4 front.

After a fair bit of hunting about and researching Transporters & Carravelles, I stumbled across the Caddy Maxi. Some deeper digging uncovered the 4motion varient which although on the cosy side, seemed to tick all the boxes. A few nights spent on Facebook and Gumtree, and there was 1 in WA, so...

Meet our Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI320 4MOTION.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Olliekins
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Re: Australian Caddy Maxi 4MOTION

Post by Olliekins »

It would have to be a Caddy Maxi. I've got a 2007 Caddy Life Camper swb 1.9l tdi dsi and have driven over 280,000kms including Perth to Gold Coast. For your purposes I wouldn't get a short wheel base.
Great vehicles, in my experience.
Ripley55
Hyper Poster

Post by Ripley55 »

Awesome Van @gavoutdoors
Look forward to seeing your conversion mate :D
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
gavoutdoors
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by gavoutdoors »

Cheers Ripley! I'll need to get a build thread started.. I've got off to a pretty decent start so far when work isn't in the way!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Last edited by Giddy on Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post