nath25's white mk4

Show off your caddy
nath25
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: nath25's white mk4

Post by nath25 »

Haven’t had time to do anything on my van for a while with going to work and taking care of my elderly and disabled parents work on the van is few and far between but I have been scavenging bits from work so we had a touran come in scrap so I got Center console with arm rest wrong colour but I will spray it black I also got aux heater to see if I can retrofit I’ve got a set of caddy life mirrors and I am going to fit dynamic indicators in hopefully,I’ll take pics and post them if all goes well just got to make time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exuptoy
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Exuptoy »

Nice one.👍
nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

Ok I sed earlier I’ve got a set of caddy life mirrors the ones I got are power fold so I need to replace the door modules so I found these at work from a seat altea will they or can they be made to work Image

Exuptoy
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Exuptoy »

@doc is your man!
nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

Ok haven’t had time to get much done since last year been taking care of my parents my dad almost died but now he’s on the mend I’ve managed to get some stuff done only problem is I start one thing then start something else before finishing the first so I’ve got 3 things on the go I’ve started fitting a webasto heat from a touran Image
I’ve also started modifying a set of caddy life mirrors with Audi TT dynamic repeatersImage
And I’ve also started fitting touran rear seats they are not welded in yet just self tapping screws holding it down Image
Going to get this welded in over Easter Image

JA1987
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by JA1987 »

You sound like me, starting things then moving on whilst first is still on the go haha.

Be a nice place to be with webasto and climate all in.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Current cars | My Touran TDi 140 | The wifes Caddy Maxi Life DSG 140
nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

They’ll all get finished at some point I’ll get the seat welded in over Easter the webasto just need’s the fuel pump installing but need to run the diesel down so I can drop the tank as long as it gets done before winter there’s no rush

nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

Here are the door step trim part numbers if any one need’s them Image

Katabolism
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Katabolism »

Build is looking great!
nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

Thanks mate I’ve welded the rear seats in now just got to fit the rear carpet and trims then I’ll tackle the seat belts

nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

Rear carpet fitted should have used a touran carpet but used one from a caddy life had to mess around cutting the carpet to fit the seat trims but looks good just got to fit step trims and sort seat beltsImage
Seats need cleaning but no point till I’m finished

nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

So got one rear seat belt in not the easiest job because I have carpeted ply I wanted the reel behind the panel but to fit it you have to cut and bend a piece of metal that’s in the way and then file the plastic on the corner of the reel then it will work it’s taken me two days but it’s in don’t look too bad Image
Just need to tidy up the carpet where the belt comes though nothing a bit of spray glue won’t fix other side will be more difficult but it’ll get there

Sverigr1234
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sverigr1234 »

Good job! Suspension/body lift, how is the car driving after that? Is it bad in curve/ high speeds? I'm thinking about it
nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

Thanks mate it drive pretty much the same as before it’s a little bit softer on the rear over dips and bumps because the rear shocks have a bit more travel because of the lifting blocks. It’s more practical for me to lift it they do look really nice when they are slammed on big wheels but everyone does this you don’t see many people doing the swamper look I just wish someone would make a nice looking snorkel I think it would look great

nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

So I finally got the o/s rear seat belt in cut the hole in the carpeted ply put it back in and like a complete idiot cut it in the wrong place so I’ve decided to rip out the ply and carpet the metalwork which will look better and I’ll change it from black to anthracite hopefully I won’t mess it up