Ex Joiners Caddy build.

Show off your caddy
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Ex Joiners Caddy build.

Post by Duncan1112 »

Best mates decided that it’s time to buy and build a Caddy. We’ve spoken about it for years but he finally grew a set and bought one. I’m a mechanic by trade and doing 90% of the labour. Already purchased a 2007 Touran as a donor car. Wish me luck 😂
Building a 2009 Caddy PD105. Clean base 68K in white. Touran donor ready to be ripped to pieces! Front end conversion in progress.
Mike_urk
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Ex Joiners Caddy build.

Post by Mike_urk »

I’m needing to get myself a touran doner car as well at some point haha. Look forward to seeing updates on the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Started stripping the front end of the Touran today. Everything’s a bit crispy. Just hoping the mudflaps will fit the Caddy!
Last edited by Duncan1112 on Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Building a 2009 Caddy PD105. Clean base 68K in white. Touran donor ready to be ripped to pieces! Front end conversion in progress.
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

I feel bad, we only paid £800 for the Touran because it has an ABS light on. Figured out it’s just a dodgey SECM (which you can pick up for £25 on eBay) seems like a waste of a car but needs must! Thinking about breaking the rest of it though to try re-coup some of the money that’s getting spent on it
Last edited by Giddy on Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Plan is to take the whole front end inc bonnet and wings. And window mechs, door cards and dash board. I don’t have any use for the rear seats or mirrors. Still unsure about carpets

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I've had to delete some posts in this thread.
Just a reminder that anything that is for sale or wanted, has a specific section of the forum which this is not.

Look forward to seeing where this build goes by the way.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

@Doc I was confused where the other reply had gone, sorry!
Thanks though, found the forum really helpful so far!

Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Finally making some progress stripping this thing, forgot to take home big torx sockets for the Air Con pipes - nothing a hacksaw couldn’t handle. Onto the wings, bonnet and front bracket mounting points.
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Thought it was about time to show the actual van. This is her in all her glory, 1.9 TDI PD105 with 68k on the clocks. All in all a pretty clean and tidy wee van!

Busy day this Saturday past, managed to bash out a major service, timing belt & water pump.

Also removed the plastic bulk head, removed half the ply liner (preparing to carpet & sound deaden the rear panels) removed the rear window covers, fitted LED reg plate bulbs and fitted the Touran front seats and bases. Then attempted to fit the centre console which needs trimming. It’s was dark by this point so gave up Image All in all a long day!
Mike_urk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mike_urk »

Wow, 68k miles that’s barely run in!

That is a fair shift you guys put in. Look forward to more updates

Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Decided to try and recoup some of the cost of the Touran. Managed to sell the rear seat conversation parts through Facebook Marketplace. Everything was going fine till we got to the front half of the seat brackets, what a pain! Started trying to drill out the welds, quickly realised I was going to be there forever so resorted to the grinder. Grinding at it for an hour and it’s still not out. I assume there is no “easy” way to remove it?! Now have to cut part of the chassis rail off to get it off. Fair to say I’ll never be stripping one of these again, god!
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Ex Joiners Caddy build.

Post by Duncan1112 »

Other half has tested positive for COVID. And I’m only single vax’d so I’m off work isolating for 10 days.
Plenty of stuff to be stripped from the Touran still, should keep me busy.

Engine & box out relatively painless!

Dash out too!

On to fitting cruise control to the caddy today!
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Great work so far and good to see you've got hooked so early on!

Are you fitting the A/C heater box out of the Touran to your van seeing as you've got the dash out, could be worthwhile :)
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Haven’t decided yet to be honest mate, I don’t think we’re going to, purely cause I can’t be bothered routine the air con pipes plus it’s Scotland, it’s never really that hot anyways haha!
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Haha... I'm in Falkirk and I thought the same when I bought my van, changed my mind very quickly, van gets like an oven at the hint of a bit of sunshine! and the pipes only take 30 mins to route
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here