Ex Joiners Caddy build.

Show off your caddy
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Ex Joiners Caddy build.

Post by Duncan1112 »

Luckily it’s my mates van and I don’t drive it very often. But now you’ve said that I might swap the heater box and put plugs in the evaporator till I decide I’m assuming the wirings already on the engine and dash harness and just blanked off?
Building a 2009 Caddy PD105. Clean base 68K in white. Touran donor ready to be ripped to pieces! Front end conversion in progress.
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

ha, not a chance... couple of wires from the the heater control panel to the CECM/fuses and a 2 pairs of wires to the engine compartment from behind the CECM through the bulkhead grommet, easy enough to do later on, just remember to salvage the wires, plugs and pins from the Touran.
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Don’t know why I ever thought it was going to be a straight forward plug and play, I should know better! Haha! I’ll speak to boy wonder and see if he’s wanting it fitted or not
Building a 2009 Caddy PD105. Clean base 68K in white. Touran donor ready to be ripped to pieces! Front end conversion in progress.
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

That’s the cruise control fitted and working, had one hiccup with coding (I lied about it having a board computer) but with a wee tweak it’s up and running. Got really lucky, it doesn’t have a steering angle sensor on the column and the only part that needed swapped was the Steering column module, definitely one of the easier ones I’ve fitted!
Fitted the MFD switch stalk too ready for a new cluster at some point.
Deactivated the rear wiper till he pulls his finger out and gets a de wiper kit.
Next up is to swap the wheels with the Touran to be used as his “winter set” while the Vancouver’s are away getting powder coated and her Michelin’s put on.
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Busy afternoon, front seats out and deep cleaned. Modified and fitted the Touran centre console and lower dash trims (full dash being done at a later date). Could have been a little more sparing with cutting the centre console but it’s in and fits which is all that matters!

Swapped the wheels off the Touran to try boost the scrap value of her haha!

Definitely needing lowered ASAP.
Also fitted the Touran battery box/covers.

Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Busy morning again, have to say thanks to C Chris and DOC for all the advice regarding electric window conversions.
Drivers side window now converted over to electric.
Made my own wee adaptions on the how to - wasn’t a big fan of running a wire through the loom so I used the original Touran door harness, de pinned the body side from the donor, stole the power wire and ran it from a fuse tap to the a pillar connector - satisfies my OCD even if you can’t see it.
What a change the door cards make though!

Before
After

Passenger side can wait till the dashboard conversion so I can run a neat wire along the dash loom from the fuse box.
Have to say, having a donor makes everything a lot easier.
Mike_urk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mike_urk »

You’re making some good progress on this! Hope you’re ready to code my cruise in next
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Need to buy the parts first
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Fitted the passenger side motor, door loom and door card today. All good by the looks of it. (Forgot to take a photo)
Getting ready to say goodbye to the trusty Touran as it’s become a bit of an eye sore, hopefully V5 comes back next week and we can get her shifted to her final resting place (the scrappy) Image

Ross took full advantage today.

Next up is the dashboard swap by the looks of it. Need to run the wiring for the electric windows along the dash loom so that it’s all neat. Decided to de-pin the Touran fuse box to get the power wire and plan is to splice both door module powers into the fuse box power wire and fun it at its factory location (F49) in the interior fuse box. Hopefully a 10A fuse will be enough, that’s what it seems to be from factory.
Makes my OCD very happy haha!
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

hi buddy,

The fuse supplying power to both the doors/windows is, according to the wiring schematic a 30amp fuse, 4mm wire splitting to 2.5mm to feed each door module.

This is in addition to the exsiting supply from F22 which is a 10 amp fuse feeding both door modules
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

I had a look at the fuse diagrams for Touran and Caddy and the only thing that matched was the fuse location. Thanks for clearing up the fuse size mate! Was fairly head scratching last night haha!