This old Caddy of mine - easy mods I can do

Show off your caddy
Killomiter
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

This old Caddy of mine - easy mods I can do

Post by Killomiter »

I know there are plenty of threads on fandango mods and it is quite interesting to see and read about these great changes made to uplift the little monsters but ...

What are the easy starts for me? Spoiled for choice of course but there must be some easy stuff to modernise my 2012 white thing even if it mean trawling around scrapyards?
Do I have to be warned about getting addicted to such acts?

Comments welcome here

Cheers Andy :)
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Re: This old Caddy of mine - easy mods I can do

Post by RY_VW »

How easy is easy? ;) to modernise it fairly straightforward I would say head unit,alloys&colour coding which is very easy if you just drop your van off at a body shop :lol: Seats are a good one too but you may end up swapping the bases but it was a easy mod and that's coming from me :roll: also I think roof rails are a good one but each to their own of course :D

Edit: and a forum sticker ;)
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
Exuptoy
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Exuptoy »

Just done the steering wheel swap from an 18 caddy. Not multi function but I just wanted a flat bottomed wheel. Easy change with just disconnecting the battery 10mm spanner, popping off the airbag with a slotted screw driver and winding out the M12 multisplined bolt. Biggest blocker would be price of a nice wheel with airbag but I struck lucky on Gumtree.

Rear Touran seats (plus fronts with bases) are a different kettle of fish as the rear metalwork must be welded in place, however the fronts are easy, just time consuming. Touran bases get the seat nice and high and give storage too and any seat could technically be fitted with minor drilling but the Touran fronts fit perfect. Depends how nice your seats are. Mine were light grey Inca pattern 🤮.

Alloys, another easy one as most VW 5 stud 112mm pcd wheels fit along with Audi, Seat, Skoda, Merc and some BMW I believe.

I had a set of 17” EOS BBS Solitudes powder coated and they went straight on. It just looks like a 4x4 until I get it lowered.

J.lennox
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by J.lennox »

As above upgrading the head unit and changing the alloys are always an easy start, following that you could look into changing the seats, I'd recommend getting a pair of touran bases as most VAG seats fit them and they're a straight swap into the caddy's but would recommend looking into getting touran carpets and centre console as you could do that at the same time you take the bases out :D
esgts
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by esgts »

Maybe some remap?
antcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by antcaddy »

Something pretty easy would be the metal pedals from the Mk6/Mk5 GTi. Brake and clutch are literally pull off and push on. The accelerator pedal has one obvious bolt and a couple clips at the bottom

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk