The daily driver.

Show off your caddy
SRAutoSolutions
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

The daily driver.

Post by SRAutoSolutions »

Bought this cheap needing a wee bit of work that turned into a lot of work. High mileage shell but the engine, 6 speed box, dash and front end has just been fitted from a much lower mileage touran.

Seem to be finding problem after problem with it though, although i guess thats what comes with buying cheap.. Still properly rips my knitting that someone has went to a bit of effort to do the work but has half arsed most it so im just about to pull the engine back out to fix them all at once. :cry:

Full back end cut out and plated, suspension (the rear shockers on these wheelchair converted van are horrendous!), replacing the steering rack when the engine is out then its just mot work, paint and a tidy up.

Plans, she'll be a daily driver with 5 seats and space in the back for tools/ebay purchases. Possibly make a day van type affair once i put some miles on her and see how she drives.

Still trying to work out exactly whats been done to it already, never realised parts were so easily interchangeable across the range!
Exuptoy
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: The daily driver.

Post by Exuptoy »

Brave boy.😉
For starters it has the Touran dash👍