Bash's yellow caddy

Show off your caddy
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Bash's yellow caddy

Post by the swan fiend »

Yeah, it’ll be a hoot on the track, a sleeper is always fun too, a few dings and dents adds to the look. There’s a few sleeper caddy’s that I’ve seen online, some with hefty power too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bashbarnard »

Thanks guys. The yellow may or may not be staying long term. Depending on how I feel going forward past the winter. I got a set of 18s as well on her now. ATS twists. They're rough as hell. But I gave £100 for them with essentially 4 new tyres on them and they're going to fit over the new brakes I have now as well. Over the past week or so I've also swapped out the subframe for a Mk5 GTi one with it's anti roll bar. I technically didn't need to swap the subframes as all I wanted was antiroll bar, but equally it was better going forward as it's off a low milage vehice. The Bush's are better condition and I couldn't be bothered to swap the roll bar as I only had a few hours in the workshop and needed it done quickly.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Mpowerkits&coding
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Mpowerkits&coding »

Not seen any yellow mk2 👌🏽
Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bashbarnard »

So i should probably update this a bit. Its clutch is slipping a LOT. I need to buy a vr6 clutch to hold all the POWAHHHH. however it also needs a brake upgrade as the front brakes are kind of shot now.I have hubs and touran callipers to go on. I broke the bonnet pull, which now has a mk5 golf pull on it which doesnt fit properly. meaning the trim wont fit back on. I had one laying about. The back door doesnt open, it needs an actuator. Some good things have happened though. It does have some free mk5 gt seats in now. Which are also heated if i wired them up. But this brings me to my next point.

The van is coming off the road. I cannot find the spare time to keep repairing things as theyre cropping up, Its getting a bit mch on top of "life" stuff. So instead of stressing me out and me trying to put out fires as they occur. Id much rather take it off the road and use my other vehicle for now. The current plan is to take a breather for a month, accsess and coe back at it with a fresh perspective. Its a super fun van to drive, maybe a little loud being sraight piped. So i dont think this is it for the cheap van. I think its a break, ill run the fuel tank out and park it up untill further notice i guess.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Post by FishermansFriend »

Hope you enjoy your break and come back hungry for more :lol: it would be nice to see a yellow caddy restored.
Pagey
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Pagey »

I love the yellow, I looked for a yellow one when I bought mine but there was none. I hope you get around to carrying on with it.