2015 Caddy Maxi Build Log and Progress

Show off your caddy
Dougie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

2015 Caddy Maxi Build Log and Progress

Post by Dougie »

Hi all,

Having looked for a van for what feels like forever for the right price and not entirely beaten to an inch of its life, I came across this little thing:

As soon as I took it for a test drive, I fell in love and now here we are.. the start of a new Labour of love and transformation…

Currently just exploring what is actually possible and what I want to do. Just picked up a pair of heated leather seats today - firstly researching into what I need to do to get them to work, as far as I understand, need a loom and heater control panel?

Also exploring options with multi function steering wheels and cruise control stalks to be coded in..

Was wondering what people did about fitting subwoofers in the cabin, have considered making some low profile boxes to fit under the false floor where the second row footwells would be, anybody done something like this?

Anyways enough of my rambling, generally try to do things myself and love to learn on the way so it’ll be great to get my teeth into a new vehicle Image

And so we begin…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sewi
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: 2015 Caddy Maxi Build Log and Progress

Post by sewi »

Hello Dougie,

for the seats I think you're right panel and loom should do the trick. You might want to combine that with dual zone AC to avoid changing the panel/control unit multiple times.

MFSW is a bit of a mine field really. For smooth sailing you need stalks without trip computer and with CC and correct wheel without CC. Choosing wheel with CC means you have to consider adaptation module as the protocol changed for newer models. Also likely new steering control unit see http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... e_Versions

Subwoofers are ofhte fitted under the seet (works better for a van) or in the back if you dont mind the space lost. I am personally planning to put one in trunk side panel on the right. There is some info on that here when you have access there. I would not loose time with trying to put one in the floor pocket as it is really small for any decent sub.

Other that those you mention people are doing all sorts of crazy stuff to their caddys around here.
Post some more pictures of your baseline.
Dougie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dougie »

Appreciate the advice Sewi.

Will have a look through some posts and how tos when I’ve got access :)
Dougie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dougie »

So today’s been a productive day:

First and foremost, got my leather seats in.

Pretty simple really, used Seat Exeo leather seats. Pulled the caddy seats and subframes out, cut the locating pins on the seats and worked out what I was going to do.

The rear holes and the factory mounting points were very close so there my plan was created. I bored out the rear runner holes slightly so that I could use the factory bolts and mounting points in the rear of the seat base.
Once both of those were sorted, I marked where the front hole was and drilled some holes in the subframe to match. Once drilled out, simple as a bolt and nut through into the subframe.
Mounted the original subframe in, sat the seat on and the job was golden. New seats Image very happy with how they’ve come out.
Next step for the seats is to get the heaters working - again will need to work out what loom and heater panel I need before jumping in...

Lovely OEM+ look.
Oh also cleaned under the seats and subframes as that was pretty dirty...
Will eventually carpet and sound deaden down here too.

In the midst of this, took the ply floor out which came with the van and gave everything a good clean as it was pretty nasty...
OCD satisfied.

Whilst the ply lining was out, spray glued some therma wrap to the dirty side just temporarily until I buy a new ply lining and put some proper sound deadening and insulation down there.

Happy with how everything has gone today. Next on the list, the heated seat looms and sorting them out.

Things also to do in the near future:

- Spoiler
- Colour matched rear bumper
- Chrome door handles
- Cruise control stalk
- Multifunction Steering wheel
And much more...

Oh also a couple of interior photos just because, will give her a wash in the next couple of days so exterior photos coming.

Will keep you posted on further progress sorry for the long read Image
Dougie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dougie »

Little update, picked up some 18s yesterday evening as winter wheels. I figured it best not to run the polished wheels over winter and run the risk of the salt destroying them….

They have slightly smaller tyres on too so figment won’t be ideal but we move and will be ready waiting until the spring for the current wheels to go back on.

They need a refurb to be perfect but that can wait for the moment, new ply lining has been ordered, tool storage and 4 way stretch carpet is next on the list.

Will post photos of the wheels on the van when they’re on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dougie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dougie »

Merry Christmas all, have had a busy run up to Christmas this year…

Spent a solid 3 days stripping, sound deadening, insulating, carpeting, and installing a Tool Drawer/lighting in the van. Didn’t manage to get too many photos but here’s a couple of the progress:

(Ignore the mess)

The carpet still needs infills around the doors etc to get rid of all the white but time wasn’t on my side so made do with all the panels and headlining first..

Due to the state of her, she was treated to a Christmas Eve wash, got this detailing tractor photo of snow foam doing its job Image

Satisfied.
As it was raining and I didn’t have any wet coat sealant it had to do..

Santa has bought some bits for the van so stay tuned for that Image
Dougie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dougie »

Oh and also got a pretty neat roller the other day