Eye'd a nice Caddy?
Maybe a member off the forum
What, Where, When in title please.
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Acknowledgement wave??

Post by DeanWhit »

Well, today a guy in a modified Audi A3 flashed and waved at me. I wasn't expecting it so got mixed up whether to wave or nod and ended doing a mixture of the 2. Must have thought I was a right odd nob head haha.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

A local gas man used to wave at me when my van looked more standard. He kept doing it so I started blowing him kisses..........he doesn’t do it any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
nathansmith123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by nathansmith123 »

Someone in a well tricked out purple caddy overtook me on the a1 newcastle last night and gave me a flash of the hazards- in my modestly standard caddy with big wheels!
Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Handyandy »

There's a few model caddy around the North Wales and chester area but no one seems to acknowledge the other
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

Post by thecolourpurple »

Personally I don't think the Transporter brigade really acknowledge the caddy that much. Certainly in my experience anyway. I always give them the benefit of the doubt & if I happen to be going in the same direction say on the motorway or a dual carriageway & they look down there nise at me from up high I just black smoke em 🤣🤣🤣
2014 CAYD 1.6tdi 150bhp, Darkside straight pipe, EGR & DPF delete, Custom cold intake with K&N 571s, 19" wheels, Pioneer/Kenwood & Vibe audio.
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+

Post by McCaddyGascar »

I have no idea what to do when driving past. I've driven past plenty Mondeos when I was in mine without a seconds thought. On my first drive of my Caddy, pre even being on this forum, I felt like I should wave... but would that have been weird...for me? Maybe.

I drove behind a Caddy the other morning. It was standard. A transporter drove past me and we had a weird staring moment.

Id suggest a short wave, not a special Caddy wave that requires pulling over to complete the wave in entirety :lol:

What about a little light behind the grille driver side with a button on the wheel, almost giving a wee "wink" :lol:
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

In my impreza myself and other owners always gave a quick wave but in the caddy I just get the middle finger back so I gave up doing it.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
D_EDD
100BHP+

Post by D_EDD »

totty79 wrote:There's just too many on the roads, it's worse than nodding at every other biker on a sunny Sunday.
And when they pass turns out it was a moped! ImageImage

Papa Bear
Hyper Poster

Post by Papa Bear »

I had my first acknowledgment wave 2 days ago, pulling off The Eastern Road in Portsmouth. Grey Caddy, other than that I couldn’t tell as was past before I had a chance to look. Made me feel good as my Caddy Life is totally unmodified externally and needs a damn good clean. If it was someone on here, thank you.
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
ProJex
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ProJex »

I get acknowledgment all the time but it’s usually the middle finger! I do drive like a twat so probably well deserved :lol:
Hooligan_Harv
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Hooligan_Harv »

If there modified then I normally give them a flash of the hazards or a little side to side swerve
Vanfluencer
IG: @Hooligan_H_Van
Check out the Build Thread for more info!
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I’ll always wave at a modified caddy, obviously not your regular plasterers van as they don’t get it!
I’ve had a few transporter drivers give a wave at me too.

Rescue me from the swans in me
S400ASP
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by S400ASP »

I’ve had a t5 for the past 10 years and found that if there modified they wave at each other. Only had the caddy for 3 months and just lowered it on 18” rims. I will wave at modded caddys but not at standard as they don’t get it, I’ll try waving at transporters and see what happens lol!
hazeyt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by hazeyt »

I’m a big fan of a caddy wave. Limited amount of responses but I soldier on.
My other half has a transporter and a lot more waving happens between them
Mrsloth
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrsloth »

When I had my t5 plenty of waves, caddy on other hand I fear I might look like some nutter waving randomly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk