Eye'd a nice Caddy?
Maybe a member off the forum
What, Where, When in title please.
Tezza619
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

New member , vw caddy fault

Post by Tezza619 »

Hi all , my 2011 caddy was bought 2 years ago with 45000 on the clock , after 2 months my engine management light came on and heat plug light flashing , this was injector needed replacing at £559 I think. Now 2 years on and 66000 on the clock it's done it again yesterday, just waiting to get it plugged in and hopping it's not another injection. This cant be right , if it is I'm tempted to sell it. Anyone any advice on this problem/ fault.
Last edited by Tezza619 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tezza619
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: New member , vw caddy fault

Post by Tezza619 »

Any help would be appreciated
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

All standard Caddys should get a propper custom remap. Not the cheap software from simple chiptuners. I never had any issues, my previous 1.6TDI no Black smoke and had over 140hp and 320nm of torque. So it runs propperly and stays clean. No egr or dpf delete. Even not with the 2.0 TDI which is even stronger and faster. Sensors sometimes need replacement, if Thats all, are not high costs.

VW dealers do not earn much on new Cars so they want to fill the repair shop to earn money.

Haven’t more to say. And after the diesel scandal people who went back to Vw, succes thats even worse than the previous software of vw.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi mate. Gutted to hear you’re having issues.
There have been a lot of cases of injectors going yeah. The insulation breaks down causing them to go open circuit. There’s numerous threads on here about it, the newer injectors are more reliable it seems.
Have you had the emissions update done? VW offered a 2 year warranty on injectors and EGR valves after it had been done, check that out first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Handyandy »

I had no 1 injector go on my caddy at 29500 miles i'd heard it was a common fault for them so i thought i would bite the bullet and had all 4 of them replaced at same time to a cost of £1200.00
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
Vdubsworld97
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Vdubsworld97 »

I had the same thing with mine,

One thing to double check to see if there is a flow smoother in the intake of the air box it was a thing vw done to combat some issues but seems to create more, thought it was the air mass but after I took the flow thing out problem solved no more issues with flashing glow light