EX Gas Board vans

Pics from around the web
tad-blody
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: EX Gas Board vans

Post by tad-blody »

Thanks for that Caddysthedaddy.
It's steep that one, I fancy a coloured one (Don't want white as I don't like washing the vehicles).
Caddysthedaddy
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Caddysthedaddy »

We'll I bought the BG van because of the service history that came with it, you usually only get a printout of services but mine was actually stamped by main dealer in my service book aswell. you know it's been regularly serviced etc, also there the vans with extremely low mileage for there age, and you know it's genuine mileage, my fear with buying vans is that a lot of people clock them back ! Only downside is as you've commented there SDI, fantastically economical but also fantastically slow!! Although there spec is great, air con electric mirrors CD player etc, In my opinion I think there great vans and I'm so happy I bought mine. I hope this helps you out in your journey of buying a van :)
Rolo10
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Rolo10 »

Loving my sdi- I think it's more medium speed than slow!
Caddysthedaddy
Caddy Fan

Post by Caddysthedaddy »

Lovely mate !! Great to see another 09 plate BG looking well ! Are they the old s3 wheels? They sit nicely on the van!! Are they 17s? I need to get mine de restricted have you done yours yet? I've just bought new steering wheel and armrest fitting soon !!
Rolo10
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Rolo10 »

They are old s4 18's really happy with how they look as I can't lower due to impracticality. Not done the restrictor yet but I know it is on the pedal (thanks to Doc) and am thinking of re wiring me self - someones put the wiring plan up on here somewhere.
What steering wheel you gone for? Thinking of doing that myself if I can find a reasonably priced one as previous owner gas man must have sat there burning it with a fag by the way it looks.
Caddysthedaddy
Caddy Fan

Post by Caddysthedaddy »

Ye I've seen the thread for that but don't think I'll be tackling that myself, I'll be leaving it to the professionals lol have a look at the for sale thread I bought the mk 5 2010 leather steering wheel with chrome piece, cost me 85 quid it's like new and came with airbag, also picked up an armster armrest, that will slot over our consoles perfectly, but will make getting the torch (if you got one ) imposs to get out!! But I know what I'd rather have!! If you want to see pics of the wheel look on the for sale section of the forum, bought it off gibbo, top bloke!!
Rolo10
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Rolo10 »

I got the mount but no torch! Since then I have taken the bulkhead out anyway.
Mine un bolted from the bulkhead, why not move it?
Caddysthedaddy
Caddy Fan

Post by Caddysthedaddy »

I don't have one, I was only letting you know incase you were thinking of getting an armrest and used the 12v charger too as you haven't got a bulkhead you have no worries :)
Peggy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Peggy »

Caddysthedaddy wrote:Lovely mate !! Great to see another 09 plate BG looking well ! Are they the old s3 wheels? They sit nicely on the van!! Are they 17s? I need to get mine de restricted have you done yours yet? I've just bought new steering wheel and armrest fitting soon !!

Just wondered if you knew how much it is to get the BG vans restricted?

Cheers

Peggy
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

Some nice vans.... Mine isn't ex BG but is same colour LA5C surf blue maxi life
How are you finding the paint? I find it marks easily compared to metallic
Peggy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Peggy »

Do BG vans go through auctions? I'm only 5 mins from the measham auctions.
mkvanman
Hyper Poster

Post by mkvanman »

They def go through Blackbushe.
Peggy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Peggy »

Cool man thanks.
spidermash
Caddy Fan

Post by spidermash »

this is mine! had new touran bumper and colour coded, sprayed the mirror covers and then had a new rear smooth bumper from scrap yard and got that painted too! plasti dipped roof matte black! inside ive got touran front SE seats with lumber and draws ect, and the touran/caddy life console with arm rest and leather hand break! will take some photos and upload them but theres a few on my instagram if u look thru at what ive done to it :D

http://instagram.com/p/rMd-xSiK8s/?modal=true
Instagram @spider_mash
Caddy4 Trendline, Gaz Coilovers Rotiform .
Scott_28
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Scott_28 »

For anyone who is interested there are a few British Gas vans going through Manheim at the moment. I also have it on good authority that there will be quite a few going through Leeds auction direct from Hitachi in the next month.