CADDYIRL Build thread

Show off your caddy
caddyirl
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: CADDYIRL Build thread

Post by caddyirl »

Boguey wrote: Turbo chip up here beside me done it, they done my old golf and a few lorries around the house here and never had a problem so had no reason to go anywhere else. Wow 950 was good, I only got 800km to the light from full, must fill it again this weekend see what it's like and I'll keep you posted, I was only after drive ability as it felt way to dead for me, probably would have sold it if I didn't get it remapped because I couldn't live with it being so sluggish.
I hear that I was used to a 210bhp vrs so the van is really lacking a bit of go!! milage is good as I don't carry much weight but when shes loaded im hauling heavy and the mpg drops to 700 or 800 but ya a map really transforms the way the car drives so looking forward to mine once the warranty is out in jan :mrgreen:
Boguey
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Boguey »

caddyirl wrote: I hear that I was used to a 210bhp vrs so the van is really lacking a bit of go!! milage is good as I don't carry much weight but when shes loaded im hauling heavy and the mpg drops to 700 or 800 but ya a map really transforms the way the car drives so looking forward to mine once the warranty is out in jan :mrgreen:
I've no weight in mine either at that mileage I don't think, can't remember tbh. But there is 235 tyres on it so I doubt they help but I'm going to change them to a 215 or a 225 when I've the tyres run off it. Only fault I can find with the van now is that live rear axel. :roll:
kingscourt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kingscourt »

whats turbo chip like to pay lad?
Boguey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Boguey »

kingscourt wrote:whats turbo chip like to pay lad?
Toms dead on, we had a map wiped of a lorry in mc Donald's and Tom came up and mapped it again for 1/2 price or summit like that.
Price wise the caddy and a dmax came into 700 for the 2, same as torque Tronix. He needs the van for 3-4 hours though because he has to remove the ecu because they come locked from the factory.
kingscourt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kingscourt »

did mcdonnels do a factory update on the truck or did they wipe it intentionally?
Boguey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Boguey »

kingscourt wrote:did mcdonnels do a factory update on the truck or did they wipe it intentionally?
Can't remember lad, it's a few years back, there was summit wrong with a sensor or in the dash or summit and they plugged it in and wiped it, they weren't told it was remapped though so not their fault.
Convw
Caddy Fan

Post by Convw »

Is the towbar detachable. Have you any pictures of it close. Towbar on mine is pushing the bumper up slightly and catching the door. Would rather change it than cut bumper slightly.
caddyirl
Hyper Poster

Post by caddyirl »

Not detachable but can be removed by undoing two bolts. Hitch is well away from the bumper and doors will I take a side on pic for you? It's a bosal hitch from pf Jones
caddyirl
Hyper Poster

Post by caddyirl »

Convw
Caddy Fan

Post by Convw »

Thanks. Looks the part.
Boguey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Boguey »

Update on the remap for ya, got 820 to the light before I filled it last weekend but on the last tank I would have been minding the mpg a bit on this tank I wasn't so would defiantly say it's easier on juice with the remap.
caddyirl
Hyper Poster

Post by caddyirl »

looking forward to doing it in January. I can only imagine it makes towing alot easier too even though I have to admit it really surprised me when pulling the double horse box well able for it. What bhp is your van now?
mkvanman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by mkvanman »

820 kms right not miles, my first tank of fuel in ex Davy Ps van did 980kms & had a drop in standard engine.
Boguey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Boguey »

mkvanman wrote:820 kms right not miles, my first tank of fuel in ex Davy Ps van did 980kms & had a drop in standard engine.
All that means is that my right foot is heavier than yours lol. 8)
I'm not bragging about my mpg, just giving the guy feedback on my remapping cause he asked...
caddyirl
Hyper Poster

Post by caddyirl »

Haven't been on for a while been travelling around Canada in this bad boy, it's no caddy but it the job!Image Image
ImageImageImage
Last edited by caddyirl on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.