Winst's caddy

Show off your caddy
Winst
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Winst's caddy

Post by Winst »

Thought I'd put a few pics up of my van, looked for a good caddy for ages (red 1) but then found this 1 :D Bought it from Taylor (off here) a year ago, he'd already modded it quite a bit with Audi A6 s line electric heated seats, touran dash, door cards, alloys, and suspension, think he's put some pics up on here when he had it, which gave me a great starting point :D

It's caused me a few scratchy head moments with some of the "simpler" mods :lol: but it's been an interesting year, probably couldn't have done it without the help of some of you guys, I've had half of the dash out about 10 times now, door cards similar, interior out, headlining out but it's getting there or I think it is......

This is what it looked like on purchase day

I brought it home and straight away found a problem... Struggled to get it on my drive (to low) eventually got it on and changed the wheels from 18" edition 35 alloys to 19" VMR 710's also lifted it up slightly.

Due to the 3 radio stations in the Lake District next was a DAB head unit, I wanted to keep Taylor's OEM theme going to a certain extent so I opted for an RNS 510 DAB+ unit.

Then I started on the head lining and A/B pillars and plastic shelf, removed it all and took it to get covered in alcantara with silver stiching to match centre console and door cards Taylor had done
ImageImage

I think next was getting the buttons on the steering wheel to work fully and also a premium cluster With the help of DOC and spacewalker I got the steering wheel fully working (Taylor had a parrot kit so had to remove that and put a OEM premium Bluetooth in) and also the cluster coded. Also fitted a OEM reversing camera a must for a van :lol:
Bi xenon headlights followed soon after (think I aged 5 years in 5 weeks)
I think next was brake upgrade, with my van being a 2.0tdi it already a decent brakes on it but I went for these beasts
Calipers are RS3's with TTRS 370mm discs, an improvement is a understatement :D

So here is a pic of my van a couple of weeks ago, I'll post some more once weather inproves up north
Last edited by Winst on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
Winst
Hyper Poster

Re: Winst's caddy

Post by Winst »

Some more pics
Aged another 5 years in 5 weeks with the installation of the auto lights/wipers and dimming view mirror
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
Caddymat
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Caddymat »

Very jealous of your van, it looks mint, only thing I'd change is I think I prefer the original wheel colour against the dark grey paint
CaddyZA
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by CaddyZA »

Van looks awesome wouldn't change a thing.
Adam87
Hyper Poster

Post by Adam87 »

Looks spot on mate really like it
northern8019
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by northern8019 »

looking well still lad, showing that cumbria has some sun sometimes! haha

you get sorted with your rear door bung?
1.9tdi / Calibre CR3 / Lowered-Axle Flip / RNS510 / GTD Seats / Touran Rear Setup
6sp / Touran Bumper / Fogs / Highline Dash / CC / MFSW / Touran Leather Centre Console / now in the 200+bhp club
Winst
Hyper Poster

Post by Winst »

northern8019 wrote:looking well still lad, showing that cumbria has some sun sometimes! haha

you get sorted with your rear door bung?
A very rare half hour of sunshine mate ha ha

Yeah got one mate thanks buddy, not sure if I can make it work though yet, may have to lift camera to get it to work. :shock:
Instagram @2kwayne
Winst
Hyper Poster

Post by Winst »

Couple more mods. Got a set of 2012 Touran door cards of Adam87, stripped the centres out of the old and fitted in the new, while door cards were off fitted door lights and puddle lights I got off Tommyzoom,
Instagram @2kwayne
Winst
Hyper Poster

Post by Winst »

Thanks for your comments guys,

I actually bought the wheels before I even got a van, was unsure myself about putting them on a grey van but once they were on I liked them, only thing I would change them for is a set of 20's :D
Instagram @2kwayne
dubvan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by dubvan »

A properly sorted, properly cool van. Love it!

Jonesy :mrgreen:
Rossco2608
Caddy Fan

Post by Rossco2608 »

What a nice van that is! Did you buy the headlights complete and plug straight in? I need these in mine :-)
Winst
Hyper Poster

Post by Winst »

Rossco2608 wrote:What a nice van that is! Did you buy the headlights complete and plug straight in? I need these in mine :-)
bought the headlights units complete yes Ross, but plug straight in? No...

had to buy auto levelling sensors, a new BCM, AFS module, headlight adaptor looms wire them all in then code everything up, oh and not fogetting to upgrade a fuse in the fuse box!!! (took me a while to sort that) :shock:

Well worth it though :D
Instagram @2kwayne
Winst
Hyper Poster

Post by Winst »

A rare night of sunshine up north :D suns out, vans out :)

Instagram @2kwayne
Stu wiltshire
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Stu wiltshire »

This is one tidy van, great mods aswell, I was looking at changing my head lights but it sounds like a right faff, looks good tho
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Amelia »

Love the colour mate what did the brake set up cost dare I ask :shock: