Rear axle wobble

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Parka
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Rear axle wobble

Post by Parka »

Anybody noticed the rear axle wobbling in there mirrors after lowering when you hit even the slightest bumps, have tried at various heights and no difference, have double/triple checked all bolts and all good, have checked bushes and all ok,it's very strange you can even see the wheels moving out of the arch under cornering
whites-all-righty
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: Rear axle wobble

Post by whites-all-righty »

very normal fella, youll get used to it, its because the rears sitting on leaf springs :)
Parka
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Parka »

Ok well at least I know nothing's wrong do you know if the bump stops need removing or just cutting down I have cut a couple of the rings out cause when I put it over a mot pit today and they worked the shaker plates it was sat on the bump stops.
Hayden
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Hayden »

Oddly enough I was going to post to ask exactly the same question... Got my v-max kit fitted Wednesday night and noticed yesterday the rear wheels wobbling about when going over bumps... Also went under and checked everything... Glad it's normal, panic over :D
whites-all-righty
Twin Turbo poster

ive had around half my bump stops cut away fella, im not on lowest holes though as its a work wagon and has 500 kg + on board so doesnt need to be low as it can go
whites-all-righty
Twin Turbo poster

i found it eray the first time you see it in the wing mirrors, then you start to go fast around large empty roundabouts to see just how far you can get a wheel to poke out!! just dont go to mad as if you have wide wheels you will be rubbing the inner arch plastics!! :lol:
Parka
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Parka »

Excellent thanks for the reply, at least I've got a new game to look forward too, come on roundabouts
Cheeringmango
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cheeringmango »

Omg! Thank god this is normal :lol:

Just bought my first caddy - driving home and was freaked out looking in the mirror!
SIMONSNOT
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by SIMONSNOT »

Did you guys fit wobble blocks?

Mines not lowered yet and I can’t see my wheels in the mirror so not sure if the axles do this at standard height also?
Thatcher1993
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Thatcher1993 »

Anyone got a solution to this? Lowered mine the other day and both rear wheels rub when cornering on 18s not really low either. Would upload a photo but not figured our how yet haha
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Look up anti wobble blocks.
There is a thread called wobble blocks with pictures.
Mines on lowest setting on 18s and doesn't rub without them, have you got the right size wheel and tyre fitted?
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
VanLife
Twin Turbo poster

Post by VanLife »

I used the weld-on axle flip kit and do not have this issue.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I'd love to see how that works, there must be something in the relocation kit that make it flex when experiencing lateral force which isn't experience with the weld on kit.

I'll admit, I've never seen an issue, I've even had a GoPro record it as I drove a country lane and it wasn't wobbling one bit.
I'm on a KW relocation kit, same as 99% of others.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Maybe the bolts clamping the plates were never retightened after a run out.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Thatcher1993
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Thatcher1993 »

Fitted wobble blocks and they don't seem to be much use still rubbing. I've checked everything's tight spring is 2nd hole from highest setting. Wheel are vw bathursts 18x7.5 et 51 is the offset to high on the wheels?