20v turbo engine conversion

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Gaz-M
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: 20v turbo engine conversion

Post by Gaz-M »

Are you going TFSI now same as Dan?

Absolutely brilliant engines and super tunable!! 360bhp is VERY easily achieved!
jackm10
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by jackm10 »

Just started this conversion myself. Is it necessary to change the diesel fuel lines for the petrol lines? Would it be possible to modify a mk4 golf r32 exhaus ice got laying about tot fit my caddy?
Thanks
Jdk
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Jdk »

I removed fuel cooler so for the cost, replaced lines at the same time, diesel pump needs to be changed too to a petrol version.
Jdk
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Jdk »

Have done about 8,000 miles in my van now, and loved every one of them :D :D :D Have booked in for a new bespoke exhaust and considering a BIG turbo to go with it.
Bristolrobcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bristolrobcaddy »

Hi everyone new to the forum and don’t know if will get a reply as a fair few years since the thread was started. I’ve just purchased a caddy 2011 with a Audi TT bam engine fitted. The wiring is sort of complete and the van is running. The bloke I have bought it off has got gut ache with it I believe even though will not admit that.
The question I have the vans running and the engine is running well no problems that I can tell anyway it’s running all the engine ecu like on a piggy back standalone way so not really but connected to the van right at the mo. The bloke wanted to keep the oem look etc and has scirocco r clocks fitted and looks like Blackpool lights all on the dash everyone one is on or flashing, these have not been coded in yet so don’t know if that will help. Non of it works either Rev,speedo, temp or fuel. And running standard throttle pedal.

The guy who wired it up is telling me that I would be better off running a digital race dash clocks rather than try to get the normal clocks working is this the case or not. Problem is like a lot of ppl I don’t know a lot about the electrical side and lost so advice would be appreciated.

As seen a lot of ppl with this conversion running the standard clocks and never had a issue with all of it working Rev, speedo etc etc but sort of fell in love with the van and look so took the punt and prob over paid.
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Stedlocks »

I can't help with electrical stuff, but I would like to see a picture!

Doc, the boss, will probably b along soon, and he will know the way to take it forwards....
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I wouldn't know where to start without looking at it.
There are so many shoddy engine conversions out there and some guys are happy to have a running engine even with more lights than Blackpool on the dash.
I'm intrigued as to where you've seen these engines fitted in that generation of caddy with no faults as I always believed the mk4 electronics of the 20VT and the mk6 electronics of the van were highly incompatible.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Bristolrobcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Hi there doc this is what the electrian who fitted the engine and made the piggy back wiring loom for it. Been told that the early ones pre 07 are easier and that the 2011 is a pain in the ass. Do you think is right in going the race dash way then. As like I said the engine is running mint but just not got anything working on the dash. Could this be down to the coding of the dash clocks or not doc. Sorry vage but I took it on as a punt. Would the race dash clocks and senders be a better way to go then?? Easier as seems not going to get running right. Even though one I found for sale on eBay has the gti engine on a 2011 and running mint no issues with the clocks etc item number of the van so you could check that out. 202457355305
Bristolrobcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Basically my mates just bought a 11 plater and it’s got the same engine and all working fine all the lights come on and then go off.

Just don’t want to spend loads on it
caddy0121`
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by caddy0121` »

@mrpurple
hi mate im doing a 20v into a caddy sdi can you help out with what wires go to what wires on the caddy side please.
Last edited by dan@biali on Wed May 06, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote added username tag
bigdee181
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by bigdee181 »

Good morning guys.

I am also going to do the 1.8t into a 10 plate caddy. Can someone point me in the direction of where to find the diagrams for the electrics and if possible what needs to be connected to what and where. I know it is a big ask but would like to try it on my own before i ask someone else to do it.

Thanks