Second Speed Display

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Davesink
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Second Speed Display

Post by Davesink »

First real post - looking for a bit of advice regarding the KMH display. Is it possible to change to MPH or even MPG.
It's on a Startline so no MDF switching.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
DomP
100BHP+

Re: Second Speed Display

Post by DomP »

Think I've read it's law to display both mph and kmph

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Davesink
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Davesink »

Cheers Dom, yep I appreciate it might be a legal requirement on the continent. I was just wondering if I could get the display to show something a bit more meaningful.
DomP
100BHP+

Post by DomP »

Digital mph as well would be good actually

Geraout
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Geraout »

DomP wrote:Digital mph as well would be good actually

This is how I got the cluster to display digital speed. http://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23817

I'm not sure if it would work on s Startline cluster. Might be worth experimenting?
Davesink
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Davesink »

Thanks for the link, still working on my early posts and hope to get increased access in time.
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Geraout »

Copied below:
You need access to VCDS for the coding changes below. Applies to FL 2010+ Caddy.

To show digital speed on the MFD you need to change the country details to Australia. I think that there is a European rule that requires speedos to show mph & kph which presumably doesn't apply in Australia.

The mod gives the option of switching off alt. speed display on the mfd settings; after which it shows the digital speed as one of the pages with fuel consumption trip time etc. To set the country to Australia use controller 17 instruments and select the coding option. Open the long coding helper and select bit 4 and select Country Australia. Close the long coding helper and press Do It.

Once the coding had changed you can go into the settings on the MFD and change the units back to mpg (GB) and miles as it will have defaulted to litres and km.

In the Settings menu untick the the box for Alt.speed dis. the kph speed will then be replaced with the outside temperature and will enable ... in the MFD Data menu tick the box for Digit.speed. If you switch alt. speed back on the digital speed option disappears.
IMG_4274.JPG
IMG_4274.JPG (31.89 KiB) Viewed 2883 times
IMG_4273.JPG
IMG_4273.JPG (32.2 KiB) Viewed 2883 times
IMG_4265.JPG
IMG_4265.JPG (26.06 KiB) Viewed 2883 times
Davesink
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Davesink »

Thanks for all the info, it's not a big issue and don't have access to VCDS. I was hoping that maybe some dash button(s) coding may be possible. It's a Startline so no apparent user MFD interface that I can see.
Cheers!