Leaf springs lowering

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
stu987
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Leaf springs lowering

Post by stu987 »

Hi guys,
I have seen something on here as I googled this subject however I still can't access the full site, so I have an ex BG that has been lowered however the arse end still sits to high for my liking, I just wanted to know if the BG vans used a stiffer spring and if a standard one would be direct replacement, cheers stu
james400
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Leaf springs lowering

Post by james400 »

As far as I know the springs are the same as the others have you got the adjustable hangers on the rear?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

stu987
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by stu987 »

Hi yes I have the adjustable hangers on the rear and coilovers up front but still have arch gap at the rear, I'm sure I've heard the BG vans ran uprated leafs due to the equipment they carried cheers for the reply
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Have a look under your back bumper at the rear hangers. Which position are they in? The springs on the BG vans may be uprated but they shouldn't run higher than standard, just sag less under load.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
stu987
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by stu987 »

How can I attach images to this post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

You are using Tapatalk so there should be a symbol
Screenshot_20180716-130422-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20180716-130422-01.jpeg (7.05 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
on the reply page.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Or if your using iPhone on Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stu987
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by stu987 »

Sorry I haven't replied, but here are a couple of pics of the leaf bracket and a side profile of the van, any suggestions on getting the rear lower would be great cheers ImageImage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

notagasman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by notagasman »

Mine is similar the that. The lower the holes the "higher" the van gets I think..however yours don't appear to be in any of the adjustable holes?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Doc on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post.
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

Interesting. Mine sits high at rear too.
Yeti
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Yeti »

I've no useful technical input..... just got to say that looks spot on as it is! 8)
Sorry chaps, much as our 2k looks nice, I prefer my Mk2. ;)
stu987
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by stu987 »

Yeti wrote:I've no useful technical input..... just got to say that looks spot on as it is! 8)
Thank you, I'd just like it sat with the same arch gap as the front, and I don't want to raise the front in order to achieve this 🤣

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I'm just gonna put this out there but do you think whoever fitted your lowering kit has maybe drilled the rear hangers to what they thought was a lower position? This is what I see when I look at your rear hangers, the bolt is in a hole far too far forward of the others, thus not allowing the spring to elongate and bring you lower.

Have you tried it on another setting?

Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

That’s a good shout doc. However mine is similar but I have the hole where this is bolted through too and I wondered if I could use it as mines in the top of the 4 pre drillled ones. The hole in question I thought wasn’t meant for lowering it, but I wasn’t too sure what it was for :roll:
stu987
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by stu987 »

Doc wrote:I'm just gonna put this out there but do you think whoever fitted your lowering kit has maybe drilled the rear hangers to what they thought was a lower position? This is what I see when I look at your rear hangers, the bolt is in a hole far too far forward of the others, thus not allowing the spring to elongate and bring you lower.

Have you tried it on another setting?
Hi doc definitely not the case, I'll post a pic of the kit, the darkside developments kit has hole going all the way up this one just jumps a couple not tried it on any others but surely if I come on a lower hole its only going to lift the van? ImageImage