New van problem with overboost?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: New van problem with overboost?

Post by Doc »

If it's that dealer who has tried the quick fix and told you the turbo was coming off for a refurb, I'd leave it back with them and get your money back.
They sold you a warrantied van that they aren't even prepared to put some decent effort into fixing, remember the warranty underwriter will pay them for it too...
They are not worth all this headache.

As much as you might like the van and think it's difficult to get in another, the one you've got right now might as well not have wheels if it's letting you down and causing you to miss work.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
workandplay
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by workandplay »

thanks Doc
im seriously considering returning the van ive just been on the citizens advice bureau but i may not have the same consumer rights as its business to business the vans registered in my name but hes made the invoice out in my business name :roll:
they gave me the number of the business advice line who have directed me to the local trading standards i will give them a call see what advice i can get, the saga continuities lol
cheers james
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Just as a side thought. Did you pay by credit card. If so you could use the legal part the credit card provides, i have recently received a result using this process. Hope you get it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
workandplay
Caddy Fan

Post by workandplay »

Hi Caddyluv unfortunately i didn't pat by credit card good shout though
i did a bit of phoning around today and it looks like the only option without going to court claiming for loss of earning etc, is to take the van back and let the dealer try and sort the problem out
i text them today to book the van in and asking to confirm they will be doing a full strip down and refurb of the turbo ive not had a reply yet "rolls eyes again"
i really cant understand it the garage is full of new equipment 3 mechanics this should be a simple job it must be costing them time and money too "scratches head" lol
ill update how i get on but im thinking of just getting it done locally and coming to some agreement with the dealer even if its part payment
thanks again for the advice cheers james
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Just a thought. Hope you can sort it. As doc said think I would go for a turbo refurbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
workandplay
Caddy Fan

Post by workandplay »

Hi there really sorry for this uber late reply :shock:
the garage did do a full refurb on the turbo (It still looks brand new) and haven't had a problem with it since. definitely the best van I've had .
i'm only just getting round to it modding it out.
thanks for everyone who gave advice cheers james