Mountain Bike/Day Van Daily Driver

Show off your caddy
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Mountain Bike/Day Van Daily Driver

Post by caddychris2002 »

So I thought I'd start a build thread. My 2013 1.6 102 in some vw gun metal colour (of which is to be identified). Sat on BBS CH Alloys lowered an unknown amount on coilovers

Plans are.

Respray Alloys Bronze or Gloss Black
Insulate/sound deaden interior
Ply and Carpet interior
New Android Auto compatible head unit complete with reverse camera and underseat sub
Touch up bad parts of paint work
Either new front bumper from 2kcaddy on instagram or respray it and do the plastics gloss black
Xenon head lights
Mk7 golf steering wheel (have the wheel but need everything else) and get steering controls and cruise co trol working.
Full interior and exterior detail

Thats it for nowImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
x12caddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Mountain Bike/Day Van Daily Driver

Post by x12caddy »

Looks nice that mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Doc on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post.
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Thanks @x12caddy

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

So yesterday i managed to get the floor sound coated. Not sure which bit to tackle nextImageImage

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
J1220
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by J1220 »

looks a pukka job, well done! has it made much difference?

Ive done rest of van (arches, sides and roof) and its made a huge difference was thinking about the floor but seemed a difficult task with all the perforations in the floor.
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

J1220 wrote:looks a pukka job, well done! has it made much difference?

Ive done rest of van (arches, sides and roof) and its made a huge difference was thinking about the floor but seemed a difficult task with all the perforations in the floor.
Hi mate no wasnt that bad really took me 2 may 3 hours and 20 sheets yeah I reckon it has i can't here fuel sloshing around now in the tank when the load areas empty.

I've got the sides roof and door to do next not doing the arches as they'll be getting carpeted with that stretch acoustic carpet stuff.

Next up is raising the height of the van who ever did the axle flip never fitted adjustable shackles and just did the flip. The stance is great but it leaves about 2 inch gap between the axle and bump stops which for me isn't practical so at the minute the gap between the arches and the wheels is about 25mm i want it double that need a compromise between stance and practicality. Then I'll raise the coilovers at the front.

Over the next fortnight the plan is
# Nail the rest of the sound deadening
# Fit new head unit
# Raise suspension
# Paint calipers
# Respray alloys
# Full exterior detail and ceramic coating.

QUESTION

If i alter the ride height do i need to have the tracking realigned?

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Right bit of an update busy few days... so Ive done the rest of the sound coat just the lower drivers side and lower sliding door to.do when i get chance to order some more gear.

Me and my mate Frazer cut the wooden panels for the sides of the van and finished the floor.

I've painted the front calipers yellow and still have the rears to do.

I've also lifted the coilovers up 25mm as the van wasnt practical for me the height it was at and it felt like I have scaffold bars for springs. I've had to order adjustable shackles for the rear so I can raise that so I'll be fitting them this week.

Started to paint the alloys 1 done 2.5 to go. Not sure of the colour though...

Also bad news found an oil leak coming from the auxiliary crank pulley area been told it's gonna cost possibly 400 notes to sort ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Have you got just use four small screws to secure the ply sections to the van?
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Golfchick wrote:Have you got just use four small screws to secure the ply sections to the van?
Yeah for each panel I've piloted 8 but only used 4 eventually it'll all be carpeted and hidden

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Good to know as I need to convert mine to ply and was wondering how I was going to secure it. How will you cover over the screws though if you're going to carpet before fixing them to the walls?
Bracks86
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Bracks86 »

Going to have to ‘take inspiration’ from your idea there putting ply inside them voids. Be good to clip tools to it aswell

caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Golfchick wrote:Good to know as I need to convert mine to ply and was wondering how I was going to secure it. How will you cover over the screws though if you're going to carpet before fixing them to the walls?
Either colour matching screw caps or push a pin through the piloted holes and once located put the screws in and hide within the pile of the carpet not 100% sure yet.

Top tip use cardboard to template the wooden panels.

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Great tip, I have the corrugated panels so should be able to use them as my guide. I see a lot of people have secured them without being visible, still not sure how they've done it.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Fit the board so you know where your holes are. Counter sink the hole on the board so the screw isn’t as proud. Stick the carpet, cut a small line over the hole when tacky. Screw back on, then put glue on a tooth pick or something like that so you don’t get glue on the carpet. Lift and stick push the carpet back together.

caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Golfchick wrote:Great tip, I have the corrugated panels so should be able to use them as my guide. I see a lot of people have secured them without being visible, still not sure how they've done it.
Voodoo or Witchcraft possibly? I've looked but I'm still unsure how they do it

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods: