Daddy's Caddy update September 2014

Show off your caddy
DADDY
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Daddy's Caddy "Project Work Horse"

Post by DADDY »

Kraay wrote:Got abit of a stupid question Daddy, but how do you open your back doors all the way? :P mine only go half the way(90 degrees)
There is a door latch at the bottom corner of each door just pull it out while gently opening the door, be careful not to catch your fingers dude

Link to Caddy 2K Project Workhorse ***Warning Pics and Slideshows Heavy***
Rob
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Rob »

Unreal bit of kit in the back of that van! Very nicely done.

Autospark - would you be up for having a go at wiring my new TT seats? They have electric lumbar adjustment, don't know if they are heated (prob not), but there are 3 multiplugs hangining out of each of them and I don't know where to start! Obviously they have side airbags which I would not like hooked up lol.
Tredhed
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by Tredhed »

Kraay wrote:Got abit of a stupid question Daddy, but how do you open your back doors all the way? :P mine only go half the way(90 degrees)

Well then that makes two of us 'cause I was also going to ask the same question...

Cheers for the answer Daddy dude! ;)
2015 Pure Grey VW Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDi
DADDY
Hyper Poster

Post by DADDY »

Rob wrote:Unreal bit of kit in the back of that van! Very nicely done.

Autospark - would you be up for having a go at wiring my new TT seats? They have electric lumbar adjustment, don't know if they are heated (prob not), but there are 3 multiplugs hangining out of each of them and I don't know where to start! Obviously they have side airbags which I would not like hooked up lol.
Hi Rob we are flat out in work at the minute, I bought a half leather Audi electric interior which I am not going to use now I will look at the wiring and give you a shout back during the week, if I haven't got back too you by then, give me a PM.
Last edited by DADDY on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraay
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kraay »

DADDY wrote: There is a door latch at the bottom corner of each door just pull it out while gently opening the door, be careful not to catch your fingers dude
Thanks mate :!: At the connect vans there is a button to push, but couldn't find a button on my caddy so thought it was impossible. Good thing I looked in you tread :lol:
DADDY
Hyper Poster

Post by DADDY »

Kraay wrote: Thanks mate :!: At the connect vans there is a button to push, but couldn't find a button on my caddy so thought it was impossible. Good thing I looked in you tread :lol:
Glad to be of help dude ;)

Andy J
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Andy J »

Lovely van dude , also very very nicely kitted out 8)
dent magic -paintless dent removal
DADDY
Hyper Poster

Post by DADDY »

Andy J wrote:Lovely van dude , also very very nicely kitted out 8)
Thanks for the +ve comments Andy ;) are ya coming across for dub-shed in March the year dude :?:

shiggybiggs
200BHP+

Post by shiggybiggs »

Daddy, do you ever be around Carrickfergus or Greenisland? Im near certain I saw your caddy on the station road in Greenisland a while ago! Didnt get a great look but from what I saw it did look very similar!
DADDY
Hyper Poster

Post by DADDY »

shiggybiggs wrote:Daddy, do you ever be around Carrickfergus or Greenisland? Im near certain I saw your caddy on the station road in Greenisland a while ago! Didnt get a great look but from what I saw it did look very similar!
Most deff dude, I go to there about once a month, and sometimes I would deliberately go that way even though the motorway is handier during the summer to go to Larne, I love that wee bit of road round the coast or sometimes over the hill on the back road. Would do a bit of fishing out at the Maidens. ;)

Mossa
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mossa »

Hi,

Nice van :mrgreen: I have just had a price from sortimo for the same internal racking and floor system :shock:OMG, I only want the racking not the whole van.
but my question is how does the van cope with the weight? I am a mobile service engineer and with my tool box and spares the van " sags" at the rear, I was thinking about lowering the front to make it look better, or is it possible to uprate the rear springs?

I notice the caddy maxi has a higher payload, wonder if you can fit maxi springs to a standard caddy? Do you notice any problems with all your equipment in?

Thanks
DADDY
Hyper Poster

Post by DADDY »

Mossa wrote:Hi,

Nice van :mrgreen: I have just had a price from sortimo for the same internal racking and floor system :shock:OMG, I only want the racking not the whole van.
but my question is how does the van cope with the weight? I am a mobile service engineer and with my tool box and spares the van " sags" at the rear, I was thinking about lowering the front to make it look better, or is it possible to uprate the rear springs?

I notice the caddy maxi has a higher payload, wonder if you can fit maxi springs to a standard caddy? Do you notice any problems with all your equipment in?

Thanks

Hi Mossa your right it is a bit pricey to buy the racking, but this will last the life of the van and will then be removed and fitted into my Mk4 when it comes so divide the cost over eight years and it a sound investment. I have zero probs running with this kit I would recommend it most deff. I am running the 2K @ 1690Kg with a full tank off fuel and it is 100% on issues at all plus the added bonus of the van lowering itself with the extra payload :lol: :lol: Not sure about the maxi suspension dude. good luck with your 2K.

Andy J
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Andy J »

DADDY wrote: Thanks for the +ve comments Andy ;) are ya coming across for dub-shed in March the year dude :?:
dunno mate will need to see if i can get van back on the road :roll:
dent magic -paintless dent removal
DADDY
Hyper Poster

Post by DADDY »

Andy J wrote: dunno mate will need to see if i can get van back on the road :roll:
Hope ya can make it dude :!: it will be a good bit of criac ;)

tmr
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tmr »

Another Belfast man, jes I've gotta keep my eyes peeled for you! Lovely Caddy sir, and that is some kit you have in the back. Very well done, credit to you!