Caddy Maxi Hybrid Build

Show off your caddy
Davey7r
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Caddy Maxi Hybrid Build

Post by Davey7r »

Thought it was finally time to start a build thread, considering I've not actually driven it yet!

Bought my non facelift 08 Maxi around 2 years ago, bog standard white van with 170k miles, as a non runner for £1350, shell was as clean as anything underneath although I'm putting this down to the various oil leaks it'd probably had resulting in the inevitable bls conrod departing from the block :? On the plus side a month previous vw had kindly fitted a brand new genuine gearbox which generously donated £500 back into the build fund!

I had my mind set converting the van with a low mileage PD130 ASZ and 6 speed box, after a friend broke up his darkside Mk4 Golf ended up with a GTB2260 setup, DSSR90 injectors, race cam, S3 intercooler with darkside hardpipe kit and tip things got a bit out of hand!

Performed the usual cranksensor and campulley mods aswell as fitting a helix singlemass clutch and was offered into the engine bay ready for wiring, thats pretty much where it all stopped up until earlier this year.

After stumbling across a genuine 56k mile 2010 DSG Seat Leon 140 BKD, had light front end damaged but all importantly ran! At this point my daily driver was an Audi TTS with DSG so I think you can see where this is going :P

Promptly set about stripping the Leon of all its donor parts, pretty much kept the whole front wiring loom and as my van was a non aircon after a bit of cross referencing came to the conclusion the leons heater matrix would also allow me to convert to climate control so removed the dash the lot!

Now offering the new engine and dsg box into the caddy I was pleasantly surprised how most of it fitted straight in, although after spending 3 days downloading Leon, Caddy and Touran wiring diagrams I came to learn my van although a 2008 has the older MK70 ABS, Hydraulic powersteering so have had quite alot of wiring & bits to swap/add in. Seems as the Leon was quite late it also has the later BCM rather than CECM so hasn't been quite as straightforward as I'd hoped...

To be continued (hopefully with pictures!)
Klein
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Caddy Maxi Hybrid Build

Post by Klein »

This sounds like a interesting build
Davey7r
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Davey7r »

Its been quite a lot more involved than I'd first hoped, finally managed to get the majority of the wiring layed down. Just a little overwhelming with adding the DSG, electro steering rack, dual zone climate wiring aswell as the additional wiring needed to swap from the BLS to the BKD, also managed to get hold of most of the touran interior bits so thought it easier to run the additional live feeds to the door whilst the dash and matrix are out of the way.

Needless to say she currently looks like this :oops:

Came to a bit of a halt today, missing 2x 14 Pin connectors which I've had to order so should hopefully they'll be tomorrow...
benc
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by benc »

any more updates pal?