Caddy front door the same as a Touran?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Davie32
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Caddy front door the same as a Touran?

Post by Davie32 »

Will a Touran front door fit a caddy on a 2007??
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy front door the same as a Touran?

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
The Touran doors are a different shape to the caddy and therefore are not swappable.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
karlos0891
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by karlos0891 »

i thought only the windows and door mirror mounting area was different. thats what it looked like with a caddy and touran next to each other anyway. rest of the shape did look very similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ferda5
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ferda5 »

I also thought they were the same. When I wanted to replace the mirror from Touran, it was unfortunate, it had to be adjusted, so the door was different :roll:
karlos0891
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by karlos0891 »

the only difference i noticed is just where the mirror sits even the little window infront of the door looks the same as the touran one. so to me its just mirror part and the glass that have changed sizes so if the touran door is the same in size and shape else where then would be just a swap over and then touran mirrors would just bolt on. i was surprised that they was different as they are both similar especially front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

The top of the Touran door and the Caddy door are different profiles.

You can see in this comparison the Touran one is a smoother arc and the Caddy one goes up and then kinks slightly

I've overlaid the two on photoshop and you can see the difference with the Caddy one being slightly taller as well

Beaker2135
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Beaker2135 »

karlos0891 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:09 am i thought only the windows and door mirror mounting area was different. thats what it looked like with a caddy and touran next to each other anyway. rest of the shape did look very similar
This is true, the doors aren’t interchangeable but the door cards are, just a small bit of trimming around the mirror cover
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
Dandan95
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Dandan95 »

Does anyone know if touran wind deflectors would fit a vw caddy?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Probably not but it's worth trying if you have Touran deflectors available to check.
If you're buying new, there's proper caddy deflectors available so no point buy the wrong ones.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Dandan95
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Dandan95 »

Ok just asking as there is a guy fairly local to me selling a set of touran deflectors for £10. But the caddy ones are only around £30 on eBay so I don’t think I’ll take the risk lol thanks for the reply