Camber adjustment

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Barrybooner
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Camber adjustment

Post by Barrybooner »

Hi guys I’m new here, was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what I have to buy/do to get my camber aligned correctly after fitting coilovers?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Camber adjustment

Post by Doc »

What coilovers have you fitted that's given you a camber problem? Most times people end up with excessive toe out which requires a wheel alignment to adjust the track rod ends.
If you genuinely have a camber problem it may be that the top mounts are fitted the wrong way around.
You can buy camber adjustable top mounts but for a caddy they're a bit of overkill when you've only got 1° of camber.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Barrybooner
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Barrybooner »

Hi mate cheers for your reply, haven’t fitted any yet but I’m on a budget so I’m gunna go with VMaxx I think, just wanted to be sure to get it right the first time so I didn’t run into any issues after fitting as I do a lot of miles for work. Can you alter the camber without buying top mounts or is that the only way to counter it. And I assume I should take it to check the tracking after fitting too?
dnolan93
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by dnolan93 »

Hi, I have a 2011 caddy with a camber issue with standard shocks fitted, got the van aligned and the guy said that the camber was way off and he couldn’t adjust them so he thought the struts were gone or damaged (van was eating the inner edge of the tire off at the time) so I changed the full front shock assembly struts, springs and top mounts and got the van aligned today and it’s still showing the exact figures as when it had the old shocks in it, has anyone had this problem or does anyone know a simple fix as it’s standard suspension