Touran rear seats conversion

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Seanick
100BHP+

Touran rear seats conversion

Post by Seanick »

Good morning guys,

Can anyone point me in the right direction please I’ve tried searching for some info on how best to trim the interior side door step after installing the rear seat conversion, or is it just measure the gap and have a go🤣🙈🤣... I’m assuming caddy’s with the seats already in have trim that is already suitable? Any part no?

Cheers

Seanick
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Touran rear seats conversion

Post by robblowen »

@seanick do you mean where the long flat step used to be before you took the false floor out? If so you want the kombi step, I paid about £16 from VW for my maxi. Number 4 on the pic but double check the part number when you phone them, I don't know what type of caddy you've got but that fits the maxi, theres one for each side.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

There is no original trim to fit a Touran second row in a caddy, no matter what you buy will require modification.
The part given above is a good place to start but having the Touran trim to go with it works well.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Seanick
100BHP+

Post by Seanick »

robblowen wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:38 pm @seanick do you mean where the long flat step used to be before you took the false floor out? If so you want the kombi step, I paid about £16 from VW for my maxi. Number 4 on the pic but double check the part number when you phone them, I don't know what type of caddy you've got but that fits the maxi, theres one for each side.ImageImage

Hi guys,

@robblowen Yes that’s exactly what I mean... I’ve cut the existing trim but obviously it doesn’t flow down towards the carpet as I’d like... mine is a swb so the part may be different from yours but thank you for your time posting the part no.

@doc When you say the touran trim?... do you mean the part that fits over the side/top of the front metalwork for the seats?

Cheers

Seanick
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The Touran has a plastic trim section that covers the side step and the corner of the seat mountings, if you've fitted Touran seats you need that part and then hack it up to match the caddy. Essentially, you've got two different parts from two different cars so you need to make a hybrid of both pieces.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Mark.w
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mark.w »

Hello,

I am interested in this too, do you have any photos of the project?
Seanick
100BHP+

Post by Seanick »

Mark.w wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:49 pm Hello,

I am interested in this too, do you have any photos of the project?
Hi

I do m8 but I'm away for work atm... will post one when I return 👌
Seanick
100BHP+

Post by Seanick »

robblowen wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:38 pm @seanick do you mean where the long flat step used to be before you took the false floor out? If so you want the kombi step, I paid about £16 from VW for my maxi. Number 4 on the pic but double check the part number when you phone them, I don't know what type of caddy you've got but that fits the maxi, theres one for each side.ImageImage

The part no4 that you got is that the drivers side?... my door is on the passenger side...so would i be looking at part no 2?..
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@Seanick it's still part number 4 heres the description part of it, if you look there is 4 and (4) ones left the other right. I ordered them for my maxi and they fit, double check with your reg/vin number when you ring to order, one of them was on back order so you have to pay up front and its none refundable if it's wrong. Hope that helps mate.ImageImage

Seanick
100BHP+

Post by Seanick »

That’s brilliant m8.... sorry never loooked at parts list only the exploded diagrams 🙈... cool I’ll get on it as I think it’ll make a huge difference 👍

Thanks
Seanick
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

No worries dude, hope you get it sorted.

chrisd317
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by chrisd317 »

does anybody know if there's a part that goes on the bottom of the seats in between the seat and the carpet at the front?

Cheers