Caddy MK4 Gold audio, comfort and looks

Show off your caddy
Berno
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Caddy MK4 Gold audio, comfort and looks

Post by Berno »

Long time since I updated now. Been busy doing family stuff.

I got my STX lowering kit in place. Really happy with the look and the ride. Ride quality is really nice.
Also installed the 19" wheels. The increase in road noise was massive! I was also very unlucky with the wheels since none of them where round. Lot's of vibration in the car right now. Haven't decided if I should fix them or sell them cheap and get something else. I think they look really good on the car.

Since I don't have a working garage yet, installation of the kit was done on the ground.

Had to fabricate a tool with my angle grinder to loosen the strut bolt. Worked great.

The car after lowering with 15" winter wheels.

This is the finished look after lowering and wheels. I have the rear shackle on second highest setting, out of 4, and set the fronts to align.

I also got my S3 front brakes and discs. Only thing I need now is new hoses and the rear calipers.

Continued with the sound proofing. I'm still applying vibration damping mat all over the place. When that's done I'll continue with some other materials like foam and high density stuff.

I'm currently at work away from home. Trying to figure out the audio layout. Also bought one more amplifier so I have enough to power a 3 way front system. I think I'll go with DLS since I already have some parts from them. It's gonna have a nice bottom end for sure. 2x12 or 2-4x10 to play flat down to maybe 30hz or so with a nice transient response.
Berno
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Berno »

Just ordered a couple of new seats! They are from an Audi A3 8V and seem really nice. Fully electric, but I forgot to check if they have heating. Here in Sweden all cars are delivered with seat heating so you never think about it. Also ordered a couple of Touran bases with compartment.
Now I need to sort the wiring. I will contact the wiring guy here and see if he can help me. Otherwise I'll just have to do it myself.

Berno
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Berno »

Just saw a nice install of subwoofer enclosures under the front seats. Maybe that's the way to go? The advantage of having subwoofers in front is that you can get the bass very up front. Maybe lack the lowest frequencies, but then it's possible to tune a box very low in the rear. I might end up with a 5 way system...

youtu.be/fBSi2L-Pg3w
Berno
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Berno »

My seats and seat bases have arrived! Now I just need to get hold of Stan-the-man. I don’t have enough posts to send to forum members yet. Is there another way to get in touch with him? Help much appreciated.
Berno
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Berno »

I'm soon finished with my seat install. Just waiting for a wiring loom from Stan the man. Right now I have them hooked up to a battery just in front of the seat. Doesn't look very professional.

Really happy with the looks, and they are much more comfortable than stock seats.

Berno
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Berno »

The 19" tires that I had was not very round, so when I got a flat a few weeks ago I got fed up and ordered a new set of wheels with some Pirelli rubber that were supposed to be quiet.
Unfortunately the post service managed to only deliver 3 wheels, while the 4th one is still being sent around Sweden.

Ofcourse I could wait so I installed the 3 that I had.

This is the result. Suspension is still at the second highest setting (of 4) on my STX kit. I will lower one more step when I have time.

SolDot
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by SolDot »

The black rims finish it off there ! Excited to see the next updates to this project !
Pinkman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pinkman »

Like the idea of underseat subs 8) would need a nice place to hide amp on mine with bulkhead removed though. Coming along nicely fella
r1lea
Hyper Poster

Post by r1lea »

I installed my amp inside the cupboard of the touran base ImageImageImage

10” sub in the rear footwell section ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Berno wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:22 pm
@Berno, I've just spotted this, which bulkhead have you got in your Caddy to divide the load space and the cabin?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Berno
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Berno »

r1lea wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:25 pm I installed my amp inside the cupboard of the touran base ImageImageImage

10” sub in the rear footwell section ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice stealth install. I have thought about putting the amp there, but I already have good old DLS class A/B amps that won't fit.
I have a 4ch amp, a 2ch amp and a subwoofer amp. 4ch and 2ch for the front 3 way system with processor.

Regards
Johan
Berno
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Berno »

Doc wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm @Berno, I've just spotted this, which bulkhead have you got in your Caddy to divide the load space and the cabin?
Sorry about the late reply. I have not prioritized the Caddy at all, but I hope that will change.

Anyway, the bulkhead is standard for Swedish Caddy from 2016 I think. I have been told (loosely) it's not possible to buy them separately but you can give it a try if you want.
https://safeman.se/en/prefence They deliver to VW I believe, so maybe it's possible to buy at a Swedish dealership.
http://system.prefence.se/products/?hea ... l=1&lang=2

Another option is to look for them at https://en.bildelsbasen.se
Swedish scrap yard index site. Good but indexed parts are more expensive.

Regards
Johan