Winst's caddy

Show off your caddy
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Winst's caddy

Post by the long one »

That's typical of VW just to change the swage line on the door just to make money out of us who modify their vehicles to make them what they should've been in the first place . Still looks very well put together with lots of hard work just wish mine would look like this - top work !!
Was the mib2 easy to install ?
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
Winst
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Winst »

Thanks very much mate.
Unfortunately like most things the MIB2 wasn’t particularly straight forward either mate, it required unlocking and as I have a 3d cluster it required a CAN filter also mate but it’s a fabulous unit mate, really really please with it and I’ve not used half its features yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

I’m beginning to think that you don’t like doing straight forward things too much as everything that I have seen on your van is top drawer - I hope it never has to work for a living as it looks like it needs to be on the show scene (very well prepared) one day I will get to see it up in the lakes
Whatever next ?
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

I’ve seen it up close and it is a beautiful van.

Winst
Hyper Poster

Post by Winst »

Tbh mate, I bring most of it on myself, although it has fought me all the way, I’ve had to draft doc in a few times to get me out the s*^t, I know he loves working on my van though. Still got s couple of jobs to do on it..., the Alltrack arches will be going on soon hopefully, then I’ll just plod away over winter

2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
Winst
Hyper Poster

Post by Winst »

Cheers @caddyluv , your to kind mate

Instagram @2kwayne
the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

Where the doors reasonably priced ? Doc loves working on other people’s vans as it gives him an insight into the problems before he does it - worked on mine - facelift cluster into prefacelift
But like you say you bring upon yourself sometimes these vehicles always have fight in them I have an original BMW M3 and that hates been touched and loves to hurt you 😂😂😂😂
Winst
Hyper Poster

Post by Winst »

An original bmw m3, nice car mate, so you definitely feel my pain?

Sourcing the parts was the trickiest part for me mate, as there wasn’t many being broken, and I wasn’t completely sure on what I needed........ I had to broaden my search to outside the U.K. i.e. Poland, Germany and tbh I had to get a lot of parts brand new from TPS looking back now it would have probably been cheaper buying a rear end damaged van complete, but hey ho, it’s the way it goes sometimes

Instagram @2kwayne
the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

Sourcing parts can be a big problem especially when the car is 31 years old but one day in the near future it will find its way to the lakes .
There isn't much to change like you can on a caddy - like bodywork maybe carbon fibre parts is possible but you don't want to ruin the look .
With yours there looks to be a lot of thought gone into it and looks amazing (good choice of colour) my van will get there slowly but surely .
Keep up the good work I sure that you will find something else to do on it :D :D :D :D :D
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Just read this from start to finish, awesome van mate and even better in the flesh.
Had a laugh at the £60 mods crack, mine are normally £80, must be the extra fuel to get out west .

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Winst
Hyper Poster

Post by Winst »

Thanks a lot mate, the extra £20 must be from being western fuel.....
Be good to have a catch up soon again mate

Instagram @2kwayne
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Aye too right, will have to sort something out.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
R22LRM
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by R22LRM »

Said it before, it’s definitely one of the best looking caddy’s out there mate, love how you have managed to keep the oem feel to a seriously modified van, keep up the great work 😎
R22LRM
Mk5 Tfsi powered
Winst
Hyper Poster

Post by Winst »

Thanks a lot mate, appreciate that, so many nice vans out there atm, the bar keeps getting set higher and higher by proper caddy enthusiasts and it seems there’s no limit to what can be done, just renewed my insurance today.....5 years I’ve had it!!!!.... where the hell has that time gone

Instagram @2kwayne
PYE White
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by PYE White »

I see you and your van are famous on here Wayne, do you have anymore pictures of the interior.
The voices in my head made me do it..............