Sliding door water deflector missing??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
ilovefullstops
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Sliding door water deflector missing??

Post by ilovefullstops »

Sliding door water deflector is missing I believe.

I was just about to insulate both sides with recycled plastic insulation so this presents a couple problems:

a) I am unsure if it is actually dripping water into the door internals. The bottom of the internal of the door seems dry. And the hose on the bottom of the other one is also dry.
B) it looks like there is mildew in the sliding door internals which leads me to believe that when i insulate this will cause a big damp issue.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/PWBkmuy

Does anyone know what these parts are for and whether I should be worried?
If gas pains persist, try Volkswagen...
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Sliding door water deflector missing??

Post by Doc »

The door handles can let water in and VW have allowed for this by putting the "drip tray" under the handle with a hose which should run to the bottom of the door or even to a drain hole.
If you are going to add insulation I would definitely advise fitting the tray and hose on the other side or leave out the insulation in the area below the handle.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
ilovefullstops
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ilovefullstops »

Thanks Doc, I have ordered the drip tray from this link: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2734396196

I think I will fit longer flexi on both sides once it arrives so that the drips definitely make it right to the bottom of the door. Looks like VW just fixed them to the door internal with adhesive so I will do the same.
If gas pains persist, try Volkswagen...
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Ok, that's very expensive for a part you can buy from VW for £7.50 before negotiation of discount. The drain hose is a further £4 from VW.

I'm not criticizing your decision to order from eBay, I'm merely pointing out that the VW parts desk is not that expensive.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

Hi there ive actually ordered one of these but the fitting is very basic photo could anyone post photo as to where this goes? 👌🏻
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The drip tray just sticker to the inside of the door just below the handle, it's quite basic so should be simple to work out.
I think there are some locating lugs that position it a set distance below the handle.

Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

Perfect doc thanks very much!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

I have installed it to mine last week actually. It's very tight fit, so better to remove door switch/contacts to give you more room. Also you roughly can see trough the hole what you're doing :mrgreen:
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

Giddy wrote:I have installed it to mine last week actually. It's very tight fit, so better to remove door switch/contacts to give you more room. Also you roughly can see trough the hole what you're doing :mrgreen:
See the pipe itself where does that slot into as i see no hole for it to drain to? It looks like it just sits to the side? But wheres the water run to?
ImageImage

Giddy
Hyper Poster

Post by Giddy »

There are few holes behind the rubber seal Image

Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

Perfect dude so im right in thinking the pipe just sits to one side then aye?

Giddy
Hyper Poster

Post by Giddy »

Yes, it just sits to the side attached with self adhesive bracket. It used to be the bung also, that was fitted in one of the holes, but now that part is discontinued.
Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

Giddy wrote:Yes, it just sits to the side attached with self adhesive bracket. It used to be the bung also, that was fitted in one of the holes, but now that part is discontinued.
Cheers dude got it sorted now man thanks for your help ImageImage

Giddy
Hyper Poster

Post by Giddy »

No worries mate
Dave2022
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Dave2022 »

@ilovefullstops

Hello pal, I have same problem I think, water build up inside the seal but does not drain which makes me think it’s coming from inside the sliding door. I struggle to find the time with having a baby amongst everything else 🫠 any chance you fixed the problem? And did you have water build up over the top of the rubber seal that poured out when you open the door? My door panel is warped and wet also carpeted, the floors wet too but nowhere else is wet
Last edited by dan@biali on Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote added username tag