My new to me caddy

Show off your caddy
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My new to me caddy

Post by the swan fiend »

It takes time to figure out exactly how to go about modding your van mate, reading through people’s build threads is an excellent place to start. Don’t forget to ask questions too. As for your seat dilemma, I’m not sure either, but maybe look on eBay and see what physical differences you can see between the two. That’ll get you going in the right direction.
Windows....think better security maybe for a solid window, but also it’d be nice for your passengers to have a bit of ventilation or yourself if you spend a warm night sleeping in it. I know it’s false economy, but if you make a mod and don’t like it, you can always change it. Lots of vans on here are never ending projects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
benc
Caddy Fan

Post by benc »

A question to anyone who might know, do you need sound deadener or can you just use the stick on thermal acoustic closed cell foam? i can understand if you use fiberglass or wool insulation you probably need the sound deadener. I cant find any info anywhere.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I’d go with sound deadened like silentcoat first. Do as much as you can with it. But flat panels and wheel arches are the main bits. Then go with closed cell foam.
Give sound deafening shop a buzz, that’s where I bought my bits and they’re helpful

benc
Caddy Fan

Post by benc »

I've messaged a few shops but at the end of the conversation they haven't really answered the question and finish by saying its personal preference. I`m waiting on Kiravans response as I`ve only messaged then tonight
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Guess it depends how much you want to reduce noise really. I’ve silent coated and it helps a bit. Closed cell foam and carpet make the van super quiet I believe. It’s my next planned mod.

Berno
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Berno »

benc wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:07 pm A question to anyone who might know, do you need sound deadener or can you just use the stick on thermal acoustic closed cell foam? i can understand if you use fiberglass or wool insulation you probably need the sound deadener. I cant find any info anywhere.
I would strongly advice against putting any house insulation in the car, as I believe you meant with fiberglass insulation. Most insulation will absorb water and you can get corrosion problems. So best to use insulation dedicated for car use.
Do you want the sound deadener to reduce road noise, or when using it as a camper?
Butyl mats with metal sheet is mainly used for reducing vibration.
Foam is used for dampening of higher frequencies.
Thermal insulation is for temperature regulation
Heavy mass rubber/vinyl mats and sheets are for lower frequency reduction.
benc
Caddy Fan

Post by benc »

Quick update I've had a set of Touran seats fitted by the good people at Caddy Solutions. As my welding skills aren't the best and I figured that I'd either blow holes in the body or set it on fire. Next stage is probably insulation.Image

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

carerra91
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by carerra91 »

That install looks spot on, you have to provide the bits for it? Did you settle on what sound deadening you’re going for?

benc
Caddy Fan

Post by benc »

It was supply and fit. As for sound deading and insulation I`m going for Silent Coat 2mm and Dodo thermo van liner then a bit of recycle plastic bottle fleece
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Looks like a nice job that mate

benc
Caddy Fan

Post by benc »

Does anyone know how you get permission to access the technical section?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

There's a new members topic which is sticky on the top of every forum you can access, it's also linked in your registration and activation emails. This topic explains very clearly how you can obtain extended access on the forum.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
benc
Caddy Fan

Post by benc »

Thanks Doc
benc
Caddy Fan

Post by benc »

To any any one who has fitted sliding side windows in your sliding doors. Do the inside of the windows look like this? I got mine from camper glass and the look through part seems small.Image

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk