My ex British Gas conversion

Show off your caddy
benc
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My ex British Gas conversion

Post by benc »

Hi pal what size leisure battery did you get and what do you hope to run off it? Just lights or other stuff as well.
Im thinking of just having light and a little cool box so for me maybe a 95ah with 100w solar panel.
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@benc just a little 75ah battery, it'll run lights and sockets for charging and that's about it, I'll have a campsite hookup for near civilisation then I'll look at solar later on down the line. 105ah is a pretty big amount of power what are you planning to run and for how long?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

benc
Caddy Fan

Post by benc »

I'm the same lights, charging points and maybe a cool box/fridge. I can't see us staying for longer than one or two days without driving somewhere.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Recon injector fitted and coded, Van's running sound done about 150 miles now. I'm not 100% still, it definitely sounds more clicky than it did before, like bit of diesel knock or a loose injector, so I'm going to have to investigate further this weekend but at least its back on the road for a bit!!! Also picked up a nice cheap Seat Ibiza engine cover from fleebay, which had a VW badge under the Seat one, bonus! Just waiting on the 2 ball heads from TPS.ImageImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Managed to get a couple of hours on the van this afternoon, got the floor board finished off and bolted down properly. Then got the rubber chequer plate cut and in place, just needs gluing but I thought I'd wait till it cools down!Image

Dan4da
100BHP+

Post by Dan4da »

robblowen wrote:Recon injector fitted and coded, Van's running sound done about 150 miles now. I'm not 100% still, it definitely sounds more clicky than it did before, like bit of diesel knock or a loose injector, so I'm going to have to investigate further this weekend but at least its back on the road for a bit!!! Also picked up a nice cheap Seat Ibiza engine cover from fleebay, which had a VW badge under the Seat one, bonus! Just waiting on the 2 ball heads from TPS.ImageImageImageImage

Did you replace the bolts and the seals when you did the injector??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@Dan4da yes mate, new copper washers, o rings and stretch bolt, swapped the washer that came with the recon for a genuine from tps as it was a loose fit! I've got a feeling it's no.2 on its last legs now it's been disturbed, so I'll pull them both out again tomorrow, more new seals, etc then put both recon units in and see how it goes from there?

Dan4da
100BHP+

Post by Dan4da »

robblowen wrote:@Dan4da yes mate, new copper washers, o rings and stretch bolt, swapped the washer that came with the recon for a genuine from tps as it was a loose fit! I've got a feeling it's no.2 on its last legs now it's been disturbed, so I'll pull them both out again tomorrow, more new seals, etc then put both recon units in and see how it goes from there?

By Any chance do you have the part numbers for the washers, o ring and bolt??

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@Dan4da just pmd you man, thought it would be quicker

Dan4da
100BHP+

Post by Dan4da »

robblowen wrote:@Dan4da just pmd you man, thought it would be quicker

Thanks alot dude ImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

So after deciding I wasnt happy with the recond injectors, I found a place down near Ipswich selling the updated VDO injectors at a good price, so ordered 4 new ones! Replaced all 4, they came with new copper washers and orings, then got new bolts from tps. Stripped everything out, cleaned all the seats and fitted the new ones, torque to 8nm + 270° it felt like a lot but everything's in and running right. I coded them in and they've done about 300 miles now, feels a lot better. Also got the ball mounts from TPS to fit the engine cover! Just need to sound proof and insulate the bonnet now! ImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Also finished cutting and shaping the floor, got it fastened down using the 4 lashing eye points, fitted a strip of l track between the rear arches using m8 nutserts. Going to use the for taking the bikes out and also for anchoring the kitchen pod in (when its built!). Starting to look a bit more finished now with less wood/metalwork showing! Just needs a wipe down!Image

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Slow progress as I've been stupidly busy lately! Offside wheel arch boxed in with thicker ply all held together with aluminium angle. Battery strap fastened in place and fuse box mounted. Near side is 1/2 done, I'll get some better pics when I finish it then they'll be ready for carpeting and the split charge kit can be wired in.ImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

A few more pics with both boxes fastened in place, fuse box and battery wired in ready for carpet and split charge kit.ImageImageImage

BradleyB
Twin Turbo poster

Post by BradleyB »

Great van mate loving the work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk