SDI CADDY TOO TDI ASZ 130 Pd

Show off your caddy
Johnnydv8
Caddy2k Groupie

SDI CADDY TOO TDI ASZ 130 Pd

Post by Johnnydv8 »

Hi all I have just bought a 2007 SDI caddy and have a mk4 golf with a ASZ 130 TDI and 6 speed in it and want to do the swap ,now I have read on here that it s possible obviously with a slight head ache that not being too much of an issue for me but just trying to confirm what I need as in the EDC16 TDI caddy ecu 2004 on I believe the crank sensor seal and sensor cam pulley sensor take off ? and sensor? and I believe some wiring from the new ecu to control the turbo !? ..
I don’t suppose there is any detailed pics of these and what has been done regarding mods any help would be amazing many thanks peeps :D
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: SDI CADDY TOO TDI ASZ 130 Pd

Post by Lister79 »

Hi mate, don’t know anything about the engine swap you are looking at however I’m sure there will be plenty of information on here once you get full access. It may seem like a pain initially but you obviously have plans for your van so the effort will be more than worth it, and you’ll be surprised at how fast your post count will increase once you start your project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
jackmarshall
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by jackmarshall »

I have been doing this conversion myself over the last month or so. I spent a long time researching but never found all the answers. I will list everything I remember so hopefully it will make your life easier.

You need to remove the gearbox and flywheel from the asz to grind the hole for the later type crank seal.

I used the cam pulley from a bls engined tdi Caddy.

I used a caddy bls engined tdi caddy ecu with the immobiliser removed.

The asz and 6 speed bolts in on the caddy sdi mountings.

I used half the sdi and half the asz lower engine steady.

You need to put caddy tdi outer cvs on the golf shafts.

I used the side mounted intercooler from the golf but I would say use pd150 arl pipework and front mounted intercooler would be easier as I had to relocate the washer bottle too.

I used a decat downpipe for the asz and used a sleeve to join it to the caddy centre section.

I used a silicone 45 degree bend from the caddy air box to the asz inlet.

Use the quick release gear cable ends from the golf on the caddy cables as the caddy ones don’t fit.

You need to use a bls type thermostat housing with the temperature sender in with the bls ecu.

I used the sdi engine wiring loom.

Extend the map sensor wiring as the map sensor on the sdi is in the inlet manifold.

Re pin the n18 egr valve signal wire in the ecu to run the n75 turbo boost solenoid.

The second temperature sensor from the thermostat housing needs wiring in to the ecu wiring. There was already wiring in the 2 ecu pins where this went but had no use so I cut them and joined in the sensor wiring.

The glow plug circuit won’t work as the bls has a glow controller under the fuse box where as the sdi uses a relay in the fuse box. The chap mapping mine tomorrow told me this won’t matter it will just run rough for a minute on very cold mornings.

There will be a few things I’ve missed but I will update when I get the van back from mapping.

If you decide to do the conversion I have the ecu PIN numbers that I can forward to you for the wiring.

Hope that helps.
Johnnydv8
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Johnnydv8 »

That’s awesome thanks very much for your help I will let you know once I get started 😬👍🏽
jackmarshall
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by jackmarshall »

Here’s an update. Got the van back from mapping and drives a dream. Estimated around 170 bhp. Amazing what a difference around 100 bhp makes.

He thinks the ecu I fitted was from an automatic van so they couldn’t get it to boost or fuel right. They swapped it for a manual ecu and all sorted. So make sure you buy the right ecu.
CADDYSDI
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CADDYSDI »

heya im currently finishing off this conversion on a mates van. ive got both looms but the current sdi loom in place. ive got it turning over and fireing but it wont run. i take it i need too pin the egr wire ? if so wold you be able too show me which pins in the ecu this goes too thanks very much.
Johnnydv8
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Johnnydv8 »

Hi bud I went for the AZV 2.0 in the end but I have the 2.0 TDI pin out if you need it what ecu do you have edc15 or EDC16 ?
jackmarshall
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by jackmarshall »

I already had mine wired before I fired it up but I don’t see why it wouldn’t run because the egr isnt wired. Maybe you should run a diagnostic on it if you haven’t already to see if there are any other problems.

What ecu are you running?

I traced the wiring from the existing n18 valve of the sdi that controls the egr to the big ecu plug t60 and removed it from its location and moved it to number 29 on the t60.

That is all you need to do to make the n18 valve run the turbo as these are the same valve as the n75. You could use an n75 if you wish.

Have you done the vacuum line simplification? This is easier than the vacuum reservoir and vacuum lines everywhere.

Have you done sorted the wiring for the map sensor etc?

It’s quite fiddly to get the big ecu plugs apart as they are in several pieces with weather seals etc. If you haven’t had them apart already you have to pull the purple slide out the side of them before you can start to dismantle them.

Anything else just ask. I’m no mechanic (car painter by day) but I learnt a lot doing this conversion
JStop
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by JStop »

I can see that this post was nearly a year ago and I've read it a number of times! Im currently on this job and at this point in the build! have vw sourced wiring diagrams and I'm confused as to the N18 repin job.

The diagram I have shows the N18 going straight to the T94 connector on the ECU, whereas you found it in the T60 connector and just repinned to Pin 29.

Could anyone please confirm what number pin it is at T60? Then I can test to make sure I've got the right wire by checking continuity.

Thanks in advance
Thatshitcaddy2020
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Thatshitcaddy2020 »

Need help with some wiring mate 2004 2.0 sdi to 1.9tdi seen you have some diagrams any chance you can send them to me
Casdy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Casdy »

Hi All , I have a sdi caddy which has now had a pd130 asz swap it’s all in and running , however it’s still running the sdi loom and ecu which is causing it to run lumpy on idle. I have the pd130 ecu , loom and n75 valve but have been told this won’t work ? I was hoping someone could explain why and what I will need to get it running right. Thank you