E189 roll back

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
peely
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

E189 roll back

Post by peely »

Anyone know where I can get the emissions roll back in Shropshire/Staffordshire,area please 👍👍
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster

Re: E189 roll back

Post by sheepy92 »

Why have they ruined your van ? Ive had a recall for ea189 in post deffinately got going to get it done why would i want a restriction on my inlet and dodgy map

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

Well I’m reading a lot into it and I don’t think my van is running to it’s best abilities, with it being an ex bg van the E189 has been done , nothing to do with me as I wouldn’t have it done , if we did a poll on this I’m sure no one would have it .
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Gary.8 »

Peely mine was the same when I brought the van... it already had the E189 update with about six months left on the warranty and injector one had already been replaced. Decided to wait tell the warranty had run out before I did the roll back with remap and egr delete. It now runs so much better and looking back wish I hadn't waited...
You not going to get it remapped...!
sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster

Post by sheepy92 »

Does the egr delete make it a little quicker

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

lal138
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by lal138 »

HI all there is a group on facebook called E189 fix Reversal Assistance {vw diesel emission scandal} forum which is a closed group of 1500 members with lots of informative information they have a national register of tuners who will assist you to return your vehicle to original software .All members are people who have had problems with E189 update I have posted my problems in caddy chat E189 update had no choice also vw trust building measure . VW Group have sent out more letters this week to all owners of vehicles not yet been done . There were 35 enquires to join facebook group this week.If you read my posts you will see i have had my van rolled back and it is much better much more torque in lower gears not regeneration every few miles with fans running after you stop and better MPG so far much better a different van Thanks for reading Pete :D :D :D
peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

Thanks for that info , I’m on it , I’ve had a remap but not entirely happy with it , I have flat spots low in rev range and poor fuel economy, it’s been better after all injectors were changed but still not smooth,
Geedub
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Geedub »

Had to dig up this old thread as I'm currently looking in to getting this done, can't see any downside? Can anyway in Edinburgh/Carlisle/Newcastle area know who can do this. Also looking at the EGR delete, does that cause any drawbacks with MOT etc? Guessing a remap would be needed at same time
SnoWhite
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by SnoWhite »

Given the passage of time - it would not hurt to start an entirely new thread to discuss your specific vehicle needs and include the specs of your Caddy.

Your enquiry about EA189 fix roll back suggests that you have either a Euro 5 spec 1.6 or 2.0 tdi as they are the models covered by EA189 recalls. Assuming the vehicle has already had the "official VW fix" then this can be largely be reversed by a competent mapping firm like Pendle.

However the work involved is pretty much the same as getting them to remap the vehicle, so it is optimised to best suit your specific vehicle and your driving needs. A remap does NOT always mean you have to opt for extra power - indeed you can simply request a remap to make it more fuel efficient and cheaper to run too, and should not affect your insurance premiums.

A remap would almost certainly be necessary to ensure a vehicle runs well if you do decide to remove any emissions handling kit like the EGR or you will probably end up with warning lights on the dash.

As for EGR deletes etc you doubtless realise that removal may also cause issues (a fail) come MOT time.

Inevitably manufacturers do not wait until the last second before switching their production lines to comply with upcoming emission and other requirements - hence just before each change in Euro specifications there are usually a batch of models sold which are kitted out with extra stuff needed to comply with "future rules" even though they are not strictly necessary to comply with the actual rules applicable to your specific vehicle. Obviously this only applies to relatively few vehicles - for instance where vehicle was made to comply with Euro 4 but is first registered whilst Euro 3 rules still apply.

Hence for a few owners an EGR delete may be permitted whilst for others it may not.

Whilst an EGR delete may be touted as a cheap fix to issues with your vehicle, be wary, as MOT testing rules continue to evolve, and it would not be impossible for testers to quickly identify vehicles where items like the EGR, Catalyst or DPF have been removed or blanked off if they are specifically instructed to.

So before you head off down that road PLEASE check carefully. The wrong choice may leave your vehicle unroadworthy.

Finally assuming the EGR on your vehicle is working correctly, it should help your Caddy get up to normal running temperature far quicker, also allowing you to defrost windows and clear screens sooner, get the cabin warm and indeed reduce fuel consumption. Hence an EGR is actually a good thing and if it is faulty you are probably better of replacing.
Geedub
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Geedub »

Thanks for reply and thorough explanation. Yes indeed it's a 2015 MK3 1.6. no obvious issues with EGR at present.

Cheers
lal138
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by lal138 »

Hi my van was rolled back to original software in June 2019 after new EGR was fitted had no problems since then. Hope you get it sorted :D :D