What rear engine mount do I need? Bjb+6speed

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Nox
Caddy2k Groupie

What rear engine mount do I need? Bjb+6speed

Post by Nox »

Hi all. I bought an05 caddy last week with a bjb engine that's had a 6 speed swap at some point. On my way to work today the rear/lower engine mount went. On further inspection it was one that someone had fabricated themselves. So, did they do this because there is not a mount available, or were the just massive cheep skates!? It's a bjb engine and the gearbox code is 02m301107d. Your help and knowledge would be really appreciated!!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: What rear engine mount do I need? Bjb+6speed

Post by Doc »

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

There is no reason why a custom mount would be required for a 02M gearbox on a 2k chassis Caddy.
There are some poor quality repair kits out there for boxes that have cracked the mounting points but making a complete mount is uncalled for.
You need to look for a "dog bone mount" for your caddy, there should be no difference from the standard one for the original 5 speed gearbox.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Nox
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Nox »

Thanks Doc. Just took a look at the bogbone mounts and I can see how that would fit. They had knocked something up that connected the subframe to one of the bolts that connects the gearbox to the block - a right bodge. Maybe there is some casting which has broken off. The are a couple of threaded holes on the underside of the gearbox which I hoped a mount would screw in to. Appreciate your help!!
Nox
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Nox »

Sorry, *can't see how it would fit
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Sounds like the mounting points are broken if you can't see the holes to bolt it in. Should be two holes fairly obvious straight in front of the bush in the subframe.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort