Ex British Gas Caddy Maxi plus 1/2.

Show off your caddy
Joshuaaitken
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Joshuaaitken »

Afternoon,
This is my second caddy within a couple of months. Long story but, my first caddy needed too much doing vs the time I have free to do it. Anyway, here’s the new van.
Fitted my GTD steering wheel, lights, seats, bigknob and media player.

Probably going to order some 19” Pretoria alloys, tyres and coilovers soon, not feeling the 20” Speedlines on this one. Still got the Brembo front brakes from the last one
Very tempted by wingbacks but, I often leave the van in a rough area of London so not a good idea I don’t think.
In talks with gtikris about a mk7 gti bumper, I’ll drop the van off for a week for colour coding and bumper paint once I’ve picked it up.
Sean1066
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Ex British Gas Caddy Maxi.

Post by Sean1066 »

Very nice looking forward to see what you do to this one
Might give me some ideas.
Caddy maxi 3.2 VR6 EX BG

My build thread
https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=36851
Joshuaaitken
Caddy Fan

Post by Joshuaaitken »

Sean, you’re about a year ahead of me I’m using you for ideas!
Coilovers have been ordered.
Out of curiosity, I have a silencer delete exhaust in the unit that I bought for my 1.9tdi 2006 Caddy, will that fit this? I appreciate it might be a few inches short but I’m not bothered about that....
Joshuaaitken
Caddy Fan

Ex British Gas Caddy Maxi.

Post by Joshuaaitken »

I’ve ordered some coilovers and bought and paid for some black leather wingbacks! Cannot wait time get them in. I’ve also ordered some fitted seat covers for them to try and hide them a little in London.

My plan is to pick the seats up on Sunday and fit them on Monday. Whilst I’m there I’ll wire in the sub. Before the seats go in I’m going to give them a good spruce up with a magic eraser, black dye and some leather balm.

The following weekend I will install the coilovers, Brembo brakes and put my 20” speedline wheels on temporarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Joshuaaitken on Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Great start mate, interested to see where it goes. You’ll love the wingbacks

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Joshuaaitken
Caddy Fan

Post by Joshuaaitken »

Wingbacks are in! Along with the Touran door cards. I’m getting my old van back as it wasn’t suitable for my friend so I’ll put the centre console and carpets in this one.

Pretty tempted to make a trailer out of the old one and paint it the same colour. We’ll see.

Private plate is on.
Started the sound deadening, need to order more for the sliding doors, roof and floor. I had originally planned on carpeting over the wheel well but I’m just going to box them on now with extra storage and access to tow bar wiring.
Got another new Sprocker! Charlie and Woody.
I’ve got some dynamic LED MK4 indicators, W8 interior light and some Caddy Life mirrors.
If anyone is interested, the heated Caddy Life mirrors were discounted on eBay, paid £255 from £300 with code polar15.

I’ve also decided I am going to trim the bulkhead to cover the gaps in trim but, I am going to keep a little at the bottom to try and protect the back of the wingbacks slightly.

Need to get in contact with Kris again soon about getting a bumper, all I need to send off for paint now is the rail covers and a spoiler.
Joshuaaitken
Caddy Fan

Post by Joshuaaitken »

Right got the W8 light stripped. I need to solder some red LED’s into the unit so I don’t have the green in the picture.
I’ve ordered 3 and 5mm LED’s so I’ll fit whatever fits best.

I’ve also just ordered a MK4 rear bumper, more sound deadening stuff, twin rail covers, spoiler and interior LED’s.

I’m going to drop the van off for some paint when I have all of the parts to get the mirrors, handles, rub strips, rear light shroud and the above all painted and some cosmetics on the van. Then the front bumper once I get one.

Got a load of stuff to fit now, tow bar, Touran carpets and centre console, coilovers, front brakes, trip and cc stalks, rear camera in the brake light and a few other bits. Need a few solid days on the Caddy!

Timthorley
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Timthorley »

Did you have the 3 random aerials sticking out the roof bud ?
The one that needs his hand held :roll:
Joshuaaitken
Caddy Fan

Post by Joshuaaitken »

Timthorley wrote:Did you have the 3 random aerials sticking out the roof bud ?
I bought it from a dealer so all of the junk in the back was removed, with a lot of the wiring. Still got the switched and perm tag bar behind the glove tray thing, though.

Had the front windows and little triangles tinted to a medium tint or 50% today, same as the front of the A6.

Been out this evening doing some more sound deadening and insulation stuff.

ImageImage

Got to pick up the dodo plastic insulation to carry on and order some ply. Then it’s carpet time.

Joshuaaitken
Caddy Fan

Post by Joshuaaitken »

I’ve done a little more deadening and insulation. I *think* I’ve noticed a reduction in road noise since I did the rear floor. I’m driving the van to London today so I’ll know for sure later. I don’t think winter tyres help....

I ordered the ply lining last night and a switch panel for the roof lighting, so the rear won’t be long.

Might have a go at lowering the van next weekend as I’ve now ordered centring plates plus fit the front brakes and 20” speed lines, we’ll see with the wheels.

I also need a solid day on the white van to take some of the panels off and remove the carpets and centre console etc, maybe take a grinder to the front half.

Other than that the rest is on hold as I’ve just had a huge corporation tax bill! Bumper, wheels and paint are going to have to wait. Might still get it mapped, though.

Joshuaaitken
Caddy Fan

Post by Joshuaaitken »

Made a start on the caddy trailer this evening. Removed the rear and front doors and lights etc and salvaged the carpets, centre console and stalks. Here’s a few pictures of the progress.

Rounded one of the hinge spline fixings.

I’m going to do the carpet, console and W8 light on the maxi tomorrow then probable chop the front of the SWB off next week.

I’ve got a few bits I’m going to bin.... free to collector but, only if you actually need/want to use it. Also, anything from the front end.

OS barn door, little dent circled in the dirt.

Electric window motors, no door card looms or switches.

Touran bumpers x2, grill isn’t included. Both need paint, one has fog grilles (might have grilles for both).

Joshuaaitken
Caddy Fan

Re: Ex British Gas Caddy Maxi plus 1/2.

Post by Joshuaaitken »

Didn’t get anywhere near as much as I wanted to do but, carpets and console are in.

Joshuaaitken
Caddy Fan

Post by Joshuaaitken »

Busy Saturday. Brakes, coilovers and wheels fitted.

There is 8mm thread left on the coilovers but I think it looks good as it is and only scrapes a little.

The rears are set to the 2nd hole down. I won’t change this because it’ll allow me to have some weight in the back.

I love the way it looks, given me some motivation again.

Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Looking good mate.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
T5FAW
100BHP+

Post by T5FAW »

Looking good man