Maxi life build

Show off your caddy
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Maxi life build

Post by torque777 »

Driving home from work last night I lost power while accelerating onto a dual carriageway, coil light came on flashing and I knew straight away I'd lost boost, I still managed to maintain 60mph but took a while to get there, took a look this morning and the clamp had come off the hose some how so then the boost was exiting the gap in the hose, popped it back on again but think I need a tighter clamp, surprised it's stayed on for three years and and chose now to let goImage

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

chrisd317
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by chrisd317 »

Hello mate, quick question do you have the part number for the skoda holder and cable etc please?

So I decided to not fit mine in the arm rest but to use the skoda clip in cover and lead to fit in glove box area, as I have a passenger airbag I trial fitted the clip in the slot for air bag switch, it fitted about right so cut my hole just underneath this switch, I took the opportunity while fitting this to remove my Nokia handsfree as it's been playing up so will still need to replace this, anyway it's dam tight behind the stereo but the quadlock loom fitted, the next problem was where to fit the mdi interface, there was no room behind the glove box at all, so fitted it just under the heater, so trial fitted then cut glove
derekskidmore
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by derekskidmore »

Sorry for dragging this thread up!
Did you ever remove the rear interior side trims? I want to replace the rear speakers with something a bit more meaty!
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

@derekskidmore
You don't need to remove the trims, just pop off the speaker cover. Tiny speaker space, not much available for it. I upgraded and then added a (removable) subwoofer.
Last edited by Giddy on Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
derekskidmore
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by derekskidmore »

Mine look like they are moulded rather than detachable, will have to look again at the weekend if I get 5 minutes away from the kids.
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

@derekskidmore
There is a small recess on the one end to use a flat head screwdriver to pop off the speaker cover. There is only one variant.
Last edited by Giddy on Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
derekskidmore
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by derekskidmore »

Mine looks like part 55, looks as though it is integral to the panel. Mine is 2018 if that makes any difference?
http://www.catcar.info/audivw/?lang=en& ... g2NzMwNDQz
Will hopefully get some sensible weather at the weekend and I can have a look!
tomo88
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by tomo88 »

Looking good

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

tomo88
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by tomo88 »

torque777 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 pm Mercedes Vito 17x6.5 steels in silver with Three A 215-50-17 tyres ...

Hi mate steels look awesome are they standard 6.5j all round? Do you run bigger tyres or spacers at the back at all?
Last edited by Giddy on Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reduced the quote