Tall driver advice

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Len67
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Tall driver advice

Post by Len67 »

Hi all newbie here, I'm thinking of buying a 2012 caddy I'm 6"4 tall and do struggle with some vans just wondering if the caddy will be a problem too, thanks for your help :D
Yvg
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Re: Tall driver advice

Post by Yvg »

hi!

with bulkhead in, you might struggle, without bulkhead the seats will recline more so you got more room
Mickthebell
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Mickthebell »

I'm 6'2 and get on fine in mine (2010 now 2017) with bulkhead in and standard seat fully back. I have my seat quite high as I find the sitting on a chair stance instead of low with my legs out in front of me is better for me since having back troubles. A lot of owners also change the seats for Audi sports seats and fit Touran centre consoles/arm rests for additional comfort. Stay away from Peugeot Partners/Citroen Birlingos I found them terrible with no room to rest your left foot.
Seaview
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Seaview »

No bother whatsoever .Caddy must have most legroom. Than any other van going.
cobblers
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by cobblers »

Strange, I'm 5'8 and have to have the seat hard tight against the bulkhead, I could really do with an extra inch of legroom. I do have the seat on it's lowest setting though - I might try lifting it a bit.
danlurch
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by danlurch »

I'm 6 2" and find my caddy the most comfortable vehicle to sit in, have my seat high, fully back to bulkhead, like sitting on a dining chair. My other car is a s line audi a3 and I feel like I'm sat on the floor with my knees pulled up towards me.
ViralEye
Hyper Poster

Post by ViralEye »

I'm 6'1 and with bulkhead in it was ok, bit soon as the bulkhead was removed it became so much more comfortable being able to slide my chair back that little bit more

Sent from my ONEPLUS6 using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I'm 6'1" and like @danlurch (great name by the way, you should be a 6'9" butler) I like the high seating position. I have a motexion bulkhead which does allow the seat to go back just a little bit more but I still have to up as high as it goes.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
VWRITO
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by VWRITO »

6.3'' and i sit really good in the Caddy, had bmw 1 series before and was way less comfortable for me i think because it felt like your sitting on the ground :lol: I now have seat almost all the way back and all the way up on touran bases with Golf 6 gtd seats, drives really comfortable. Don't think being tall is an issue in a Caddy tbh, might be the better car for tall people since you sit more upright and not so low to the ground, in my bmw i had back ache and do not have this issue anymore.
XTX
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by XTX »

I am 6' and I find it a bit tight. My seat is pushed back as far as it can go with the seat back tight up against the bulkhead.
2011 ex-BG Caddy Maxi
VWRITO
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by VWRITO »

XTX wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:44 am I am 6' and I find it a bit tight. My seat is pushed back as far as it can go with the seat back tight up against the bulkhead.

Think it also has to do how tall your leg's are compared to your upper body and your driving style, i like to sit quite close to the dashboard, dunno why.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Tall driver advice

Post by the swan fiend »

I’m 5’11” and I feel that I can only just about get comfy in the van. God knows how you giants manage if you don’t loose the bulkhead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
DJOHALL
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DJOHALL »

Just reading this it's interesting to see the different opinions. I'm 6'3" and struggle with it, I have got used to it now but after anytime driving another car I instantly notice how cramped I am when I get back into the caddy. What I can see from other people info here is your leg/back length has a lot to do with it more than your overall height. I am 6'3" but I only have a 32" leg so I have a very long back. I have to have my seat on the lowest possible setting, when it's at its highest setting a am literally looking into the overhead shelf! For reference when I'm in the seat my shoulders are above the seat back. Get in one and go for a long test drive and even just sit in it for as long as you can and see if it works for you.
Baz78
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Baz78 »

I’m only 5’9” I found it hard to get comfy with the bulkhead in but now I have taken it out not a problem 😀
grizhurst
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by grizhurst »

I’m 6”6 an just had touran fronts fitted with no bulk head in. An it’s awesome. Loads of room an with the seat pumped down I don’t hit my head on the storage above lol