My first Caddy

Show off your caddy
Magic36
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

My first Caddy

Post by Magic36 »

After owning Scirocco for the past 3 years and having nothing but trouble, I decided the only sensible option left was to buy another Volkswagen Image Let's hope this one is a little more reliable!

I was torn between having a maxi with the 1.6 or a standard caddy with the 2.0. Finally I decided that the standard caddy would be comfortable enough to sleep in if push came to shove and the 2.0 would hopefully be a more reliable and enjoyable source of power Image

It's very clean for a two year old van, although from what I can tell it has been wrapped / plasticoated in a blue colour for its life so far. Unfortunately the garage selling the van haven't been too careful in removing it and in places it's still left, and in others it's quite scratched where they have used what looks like a chisel to get it off Image I really wish the had left it on and I would have taken my time to do it myself!

Anyhoo, 2 weeks down and I'm loving the van life. If money allows my plan is to, sound deaden and carpet the rear,
Add an auto light switch, Colour code the rear windows and remove the wiper (doesn't work anyway Image) and add the cruise control stalks / open up the mfd (I'm guessing they're midline clocks as they have the temp gauge.

And I almost forgot, remove the speed limiter ImageImage so any advice on this would be very much appreciated!ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Emgee48
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Re: My first Caddy

Post by Emgee48 »

Just finished putting sound deadening in the back of mine, haven't done the carpet yet but it is noticeably quieter already.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

That looks like a good base to start a build on.
You will find lots of inspiration on this forum, maybe so much your wallet will think your hand is crazy.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Magic36
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Magic36 »

@Emgee48 I've heard it's not too tricky and watched a few you tube videos. I'm thinking of going on ebay and purchasing a package from the sound deadening shop.

@Doc thanks, I hope it will be a nice base van and I'll start with some of the simple mods. I've been given a rail cover from a friend which is a nice start Ive already found a lot of help from the forum already, including from yourself

Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

get yourself up to dubunit to have limiter removed and a remap First.......thatll get your juices flowing!
Magic36
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Magic36 »

@Stedlocks Is dubunit the place to go then? It's quite far away as I'm in Suffolk The juices are definitely flowing, the cash just isn't right now I'm a welder fabricator by trade so I should really set about making some sort of removable bed however I'm reluctant to start before getting the rear sound deadend and carpeted