Frozen Handles!!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Mivec5RS
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Frozen Handles!!

Post by Mivec5RS »

It is getting almost impossible to get in my van on the frosty mornings.. The handle freezes together. Does anyone have and good tips for this??
Lad.In.A.Cad
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Frozen Handles!!

Post by Lad.In.A.Cad »

Used to happen to my civic something awful.

Dried the mech completely with a hairdryer once the door handle had warmed up in some daylight. Then blasted the lot with WD40. Then I gave the door seals some love with silicone spray. Think I put some spray grease down the release cable too if i remember rightly

Never had to climb in through the boot again 8)

Apologies if this is an obvious response...
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Good old car wax is a great solution.
Get it into the handle where it shuts and then on the paint where the door seal meets, that should keep things free.
If there is moisture in the lock then WD40 in there will be good but I usually find its handles and seals that get frozen.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

Mine used to open, then "freeze" in the open position. I could get in alright, but had to hold the door closed for a couple of miles until it thawed :shock:
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Mivec5RS
100BHP+

Post by Mivec5RS »

Thanks guys.. I'll try that. I agree Doc, its not the lock, its the handle freezing.. Its -5 here just now so i am probably a bit too late tonight...lol