Turbo boost gauge fitting

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
racman
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Turbo boost gauge fitting

Post by racman »

Hi guys has anyone got information on where is the best place to tap into the induction system for a boost gauge as I’m having intermittent loss of power and having a gauge will be of great help cheers 🍻🍻
I come here for R&R
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Turbo boost gauge fitting

Post by Bionicman »

Hi racman, I have not got a turbo boost gauge on my Caddy but if I was to fit one I would tap in to the intercooler rubber/silicon hose at a convenient place. I don`t think it makes much or if anything at all where you tap in as in theory it should be the same pressure at either side of the intercooler but I stand corrected on this.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

To save making a hole which might cause more problems you could get one of those CANbus gauges and monitor the boost pressure that way.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
racman
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by racman »

Doc wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 pm To save making a hole which might cause more problems you could get one of those CANbus gauges and monitor the boost pressure that way.
Cheers Doc I’ve thought of that but the ones I’ve seen are money I just want a simple gauge I’m going to take the plenum off and fit a nipple no different than doing a meth system I guess cheers anyway 👍
I come here for R&R