Euro 6 confusion

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Euro 6 confusion

Post by gazza31112 »

When I received my logbook for my 2018 caddy tdi it states that it gives out 125g/km of co2 , and this is exempt from the ulez charge, because of its euro 6 standard.

So why was my last car a 2010 Audi A3 s line 2.0, which apparently gives out 115g/km not exempt, therefore needs to pay the charge?
When the caddy is the more polluting vehicle?

But I do have to add adblue to the caddy so is it based on other pollutants other than c02?

Probably is a reason but I can't figure it out

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Euro 6 confusion

Post by Doc »

You've got the nail on the head, the Euro 6 emissions standard relates to a lot more than just CO2.
Reductions in NOX, CO and HC were the main factors in Euro 6 diesels.

Essentially, governments were given false information about diesel emissions about 17 years ago and they now realize the CO2 output can't be used as a sole focus.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort