Blower failure query

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Blower failure query

Post by thecolourpurple »

Hi all
Blower packed up. Zip, zero function. Is this likely to be an electrical issue or electronic/control module problem?
Any help/advice gratefully accepted
2014 CAYD 1.6tdi 150bhp, Darkside straight pipe, EGR & DPF delete, Custom cold intake with K&N 571s, 19" wheels, Pioneer/Kenwood & Vibe audio.
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Blower failure query

Post by Bionicman »

Does it work on full speed?
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

Nothing at all. Completely dead.
2014 CAYD 1.6tdi 150bhp, Darkside straight pipe, EGR & DPF delete, Custom cold intake with K&N 571s, 19" wheels, Pioneer/Kenwood & Vibe audio.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

That will be a blown fuse or failed motor.
Have you a way of testing voltage at the motor plug?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

Hi Doc

Not in a position to do anything till next weekend unfortunately. I'll check out your suggestion & report my findings.
Thanks for the assistance.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

thecolourpurple wrote:Hi Doc

Not in a position to do anything till next weekend unfortunately. I'll check out your suggestion & report my findings.
Thanks for the assistance.

So I have an update to my problem. Took van to a good friends workshop this morning & so far the following has been found:
It appears that there is no voltage coming off the control module to the blower . Hope that sounds right , I'm not that clued up. Also found that rear sensors have also stopped working & the high beam in the ' locked' forward position too.
Can anyone confirm that it could be the module & all these issues are linked?