Mk 4 rear bumper

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Barrybooner
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Mk 4 rear bumper

Post by Barrybooner »

Any of you know how easy it would be to fit a mk 4 rear bumper to a 2k?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Mk 4 rear bumper

Post by Doc »

Seeing as the mk4 is still a 2k it's very simple and a lot of people on the forum have done it.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Barrybooner
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Barrybooner »

Ah right I didn’t know it was a 2k haha, just thought mk 3’s were😶 are the brackets all pretty much the same does anyone know?
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

To fit properly you’ll need the side mounts from a MK4 and new plastic rivets (part numbers should be in my build thread somewhere), some people have fit using the mk3 ones but for the sake of a few quid your better doing it right. If you have PDC the MK3 sensors will fit into the MK4 holders you just need to space them out as they sit too deep (MK3 holders don’t fit MK4 bumper right). MK3 bumper bar fits the MK4 bumper without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Barrybooner
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Barrybooner »

Cheers for your reply, revisited your thread and am just as impressed as I was the first time, as far as I’m aware I don’t have pdc, is it a tricky job mounting the side brackets on the mk 4? And is the overall job hard or relatively straightforward?
The issue I have is I need the van on a daily basis, and don’t know what the inside of the current bumper looks like with brackets etc, so without removing it Its just guesswork
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

No it’s easy enough, bumper held on by a couple of self tappers in the wheel arch and 7 bolts/nuts under the rear. Side mounts are held on by about 6 plastic rivets each side, push the centres through using a small pick. (Remove the vents to recover and centres that drop through). New mounts pick up on the same holes as the originals and secure using new or reused rivets. Swap bumper bar over from original bumper which is held in place with 3 or 4 self tappers. If you don’t have PDC it’s then ready to fit so will just mount straight on. All together you would easily have it done in an hour or two.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
snails ep91
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by snails ep91 »

I’m looking to upgrade to a mk4 rear bumper and on the look for one with parking sensors.

My mk3 doesn’t have front or rear sensors fitted as standard. Is it difficult to fit pdc to it when it’s not there originally?

Can anyone shed light on what’s involved?
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Ghost-rider »

Can i ask, do the mk 4 sensors plug into the mk 3 loom plug??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

I’m not sure if the connectors are the same, and I could be wrong but I believe the MK4 has a different PDC system to the MK3 so the sensors may not be compatible with the MK3 module.

Build thread:
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Ghost-rider »

Lister79 wrote:I’m not sure if the connectors are the same, and I could be wrong but I believe the MK4 has a different PDC system to the MK3 so the sensors may not be compatible with the MK3 module.

Gotya, cheers for thatImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

I have had a facelift 2012 1.6DI as well no pic at all. I used the pic module from a golf mk6 with front and rear idc but later on I needed cables. Could have bought a complete set, would have been cheaper.

https://www.carsystems.eu/caddy-pdc,tag.html

If you look at the older and recent model caddy the loose pc sensors are for both the same on this website. So it might work but if the connectors has been changed for the mk4 it can be a bit more work. I would buy a complete kit.