Norwegian Black Pearl

Show off your caddy
beemer124
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Norwegian Black Pearl

Post by beemer124 »

Well, since my last caddy broke down and It started to look a little rough around the edges I decided to buy a newer one.
And since I got a new one I decided to make a little buildtread about it at the same time.

The new one is a -16 102 tdi in Black Pearl, with most of the bells and whistles from the start. It has sliding doors on both sides, rear view camera, adaptiv cruise, bi-xenons, leather mf stearing wheel, leather gear knob and parking brake, electric windows, automatic headlights with auto highbeams and painted bumpers.
I have propably forgotten something, but this was what came to mind at the moment.
It looks like it has been kept really good.
The car is a previously company car for a building company, and I was told by the seller that the company rewarded their employers for keeping their cars in good order by letting them choose what extras they wanted on their next cars. He who had this one before got a fully equipped one I was told.

Anyway here are a couple of photos I took last night.

The old one is lurking in the background.

As of plans for this one I have some, but it will propably be taken when time and money allows. The first is a lowering kit, wich it is in dire need of, and then I am looking for a set of Pretoria wheels to put on it. After that I think it will get some new seats.
And being on this forum makes me get lots of new ideas, so we`ll see where it all ends Image
Last edited by beemer124 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Norwegian Black Pearl

Post by Pepsi »

Looks very smart in black. Looks very clean and tidy too. Got yourself a good van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beemer124
Caddy Fan

Post by beemer124 »

Thank you for the kind words, Pepsi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
beemer124
Caddy Fan

Post by beemer124 »

And suddenly something very exciting showed up in my shed...

sylwiu_3gta
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by sylwiu_3gta »

Nice looking van and also very well equipped. And I see you allready want to make it even better with those seats 8) ( by the way... from which Audi model are they? )
Do you have also some pictures with the interior?
Good luck with the mods mate!
Current built thread: 2013 SWB Caddy 2.0TDI
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=48634
My previous built: 2007 SWB Caddy 1.9TDI
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39945
beemer124
Caddy Fan

Post by beemer124 »

Thank you, matey

The seats are electric S-Line seats from an Audi A5. They are charcoal leather and perforated alcantara with white stitching.

I’m sorry but there is no pics of it yet as I have not got round to fit them. But as soon as they are in I will put up some pics

beemer124
Caddy Fan

Post by beemer124 »

So, today I finally got to install the seats in my Caddy. Really happy with them. Extremely comfy and great to finally be able to adjust the angle of the sitting cushion Image

I had Stan-the-man make me a loom for the new seats, and I have to say he did an outstanding job with it. Everything slotted in like it should, and every function of the seats functions like it is supposed to Image

I only have one photo at the moment, but here it is Image

I also got lucky at my local breaker and got a set of black carpets and a centre console from a Touran for £40. I haven’t installed this yet because it needs a really good cleaning, and I’m going to retrim the armrest on the console in either alcantara or leather. I’m thinking leather at the moment, but we’ll see what I decide to go for Image

sylwiu_3gta
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by sylwiu_3gta »

Top job👍 when I see these seats makes me search also for a pair. I have something similar on my A6 and they are super to sit on. I would choose leather for the armrest
Current built thread: 2013 SWB Caddy 2.0TDI
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=48634
My previous built: 2007 SWB Caddy 1.9TDI
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39945
beemer124
Caddy Fan

Norwegian Black Pearl

Post by beemer124 »

Thanks for the kind words Yeah, they are really comfortable, really happy with them. The passenger seat has a little dimple in the leather witch I will try to fix with some steam, the driver seat will get a new panel where the adjuster knobs are located since it has a little crack in the plastics, and I’m going to get some leather colour to fix a little cracking in the side bolsters, other than that I’m really chuffed with them
beemer124
Caddy Fan

Norwegian Black Pearl

Post by beemer124 »

And then a really productive week is coming to an end.

I got lucky at a breaker a while back and got myself a set of black carpets and a centre console from a -09 Touran, so this week I made a start on some soundproofing in preparation for some stereo I’m installing and today I got the carpets in.
Unfortunately I was so happy to have finished it that I forgot to take any pictures of it Image, but will put up some soon.
Regarding the carpet I had some issues putting in the rear one, behind the seats, but since it is from a Touran I guess it just won’t fit perfectly.
Anyway, here are som pictures from the soundproofing.

Some Silent Coat inside the doors, there is also some foam behind the speakers. The speakers will be exchanged for some Focal K2 power sets I have, and the inner side of the door will also get some Silent Coat.

And a lot of Silent Coat on the floor in the hope of getting it a bit more quiet Image

R22LRM
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by R22LRM »

Nice work

R22LRM
Mk5 Tfsi powered
beemer124
Caddy Fan

Post by beemer124 »

Finally got to take some pictures of the carpeted interior.

Unfortunately I didn’t get the footrest from the Touran so I now have 3 holes in the carpet where the footrest should be. I guess I have to buy an aluminium one, and I think I probably need the part witch it connects to also. Anybody here who knows if I can use the parts from a last generation Touran, or a Golf maybe ?

beemer124
Caddy Fan

Post by beemer124 »

Well, the last weeks or so has been dedicated to some stereo building. And the last couple of days has been used for sound tuning the dsp. Unfortunately there is quite some way before it is done yet, but I’m slowly getting there. Next on the list is blending in the tweeters in the original tweeter grills, and getting some better shielded signal cables.
Here is a pic of the computer screen when doing the fine tuning of the sound.
Quite amazing what is possible nowadays Image

beemer124
Caddy Fan

Norwegian Black Pearl

Post by beemer124 »

I’ve had a vibrating sound when playing music since I installed my speakers, and today I finally got some spare time to fix it.

I started out with removing my door panels and put a little blob of clay on the edge of my speaker, and put the door panel on again. As it turned out, the speakers where touching the grills when playing. So I removed my homemade baffles and routed a groove so my speakers got 10mm further in.
Here is a picture after I got it done, as I’m really bad at remembering to take photos underway this is all I got Image

I also thought as it is Focal speakers it would be cool to have a logo, so I removed the logo from the speaker grills which came with them and placed it on the door card instead. But not quite sure what I think of it. I’ll probably move it to the right so it sits between the two lines instead.
Sorry for the dirty door card but it has been laying on my filthy workbench while I put some Noisekiller on the backside.

samwises
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by samwises »

Looking good! I really want to silent coat the cab floor too but looks like a lot of work... how easy does the trim and floor go back down?