Best Drop Links

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Sleeping Giant
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Best Drop Links

Post by Sleeping Giant »

Since owning my 2017 Caddy I’ve been working through all the annoying little jobs that need doing. I’ve now come to one of the last jobs the rear drop links. The rear end is knocking like motherf#*^er and I’m unsure which ones to get, I’ve not been able to find much info on what people/members have used on theirs.

Can anyone recommend a a good after market part? adjustable?Or should I go OEM?

Oh yeah my van is pretty low as well. Pic for reference Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Best Drop Links

Post by Doc »

Original spec rears are quite tough, I find the ARB bush will fail before the drop links.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Sleeping Giant
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sleeping Giant »

Cheers Doc

Is anyone running eBay adjustable ones? I’m always a bit unsure about products but thought I’d ask.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I wasn't even aware there was such a think for the rear.
I've found from experience that adjustable drop links don't last as long as the OE specification version.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dutchy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by dutchy »

Doc wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:04 pm Original spec rears are quite tough, I find the ARB bush will fail before the drop links.
You're right about that Doc,
replaced the drop links this week, rear arb is still knocking.
Gonna replace the bushing now.
Sleeping Giant
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sleeping Giant »

Replaced my ARB bushes for power flex ones about 2 weeks ago and I’m sure it’s even worse than it was before.

I was thinking it might have something to do with the pony pro sport coil overs it has on it but I can’t seem to see anything wrong with them.

peely
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by peely »

Is your knocking on the front or back ?? Mine is knocking on the rear and I’ve changed my shocks to gaz and it’s a lot better but it’s still faintly there , when I put the new ones on loose I still had slight up and down play on the bottom bolt/nut fixing to the axle , anyone had any issues with this , do they shim the sleeve a little maybe ??
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by sheepy92 »

Doc wrote:Original spec rears are quite tough, I find the ARB bush will fail before the drop links.
I had a pair of oem ones from tps around 18months ago and 1 has started knocking this week but i spose it could be roads around by me and i fly over speed humps Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk