Newbie help please! Airbag light & no horn

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
AdsParker
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Newbie help please! Airbag light & no horn

Post by AdsParker »

Hi all,

New to this forum so please forgive me if posting in the wrong place! :shock:

My airbag light is illuminated and I have no horn, caddy is 2015, codes scanned as resistance too high and the code just comes back when tried to clear, would this be down to the clock spring/squib or the airbag? Don’t want to order a wrong part or find out that I’ve got a different issue all together, any help would be appreciated Cheer :D
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Newbie help please! Airbag light & no horn

Post by Doc »

Hi @AdsParker welcome to the forum.
Your fault might be any number of things, it's probably best to get it diagnosed rather that blindly throwing parts at it.
Is the steering wheel standard or has it been changed? Maybe cruise control retrofit? Anything that might have interfered with the column recently?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
AdsParker
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AdsParker »

Thanks Doc, yeah that’s the best way as you say, I didn’t know if it was a common issue or something anyone else has come across before with the code and symptoms. Will look into it in more detail and will post the results in case anyone else has the issue in the future :)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I've never heard of it happening before but for me I would start by looking at the harness behind the airbag.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
r1lea
Hyper Poster

Post by r1lea »

Had it happen to me when I fitted a squib that wasn’t centralised
Did a full lock turn and snapped the ribbon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AdsParker
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AdsParker »

Cheers guys, will get the airbag off and check the wires and see if the ribbon seems damaged if poss.. I’ll scan it And grab the proper code too but it was a permeant code rather than intermittent :shock:
AdsParker
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AdsParker »

Quick update on the airbag light and horn issue, I’ve replaced the airbag ring/squib to the sum of £229 from the main dealer and the light has gone and now I have a horn, but my cruise control is not working now :lol: will investigate further on the CC as I don’t think it’s a related issue to the Airbag issue
r1lea
Hyper Poster

Post by r1lea »

Have you coded it for cruise ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AdsParker
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AdsParker »

Update on the squib/airbag ring issue with the cruise control and canbus communication faults.
Like a plonker I just went ahead and swapped the part over without reading and copying the long code on vcds (steering wheel module 16) after much faffing around trying all sorts, I refitted the old squib and read the long code and copied it then refitted the new squib back on and wrote the old code onto the new squib and hey presto I have no codes and everything works! Such a simple issue I overlooked but thought it may guide people if they ever have the same problem! Phew :lol: