Passengers footwell water leak

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Gsi_Jimbo
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Gsi_Jimbo »

Right has anyone had this before? I’ve done the usuals, check door seal and roof rack bolts but it’s neither of them,

After sitting in it with the hose on it I’m getting a pooling here, parked on a kerb that’s why it pools there,

After drying and hosing it down again I’ve come to the conclusion it’s coming from behind this bit of metal

I’ve got a video but it won’t let me upload for some reason but this is where the leak is

Which is located in this hole in the footwell

I’ve cleared out the leaves in my skuttle aswell and the water runs clear out the bottom,

Anyone else seen this leak before and know how to stop it? Or anywhere else I should have a look?

Cheers in advance joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Passengers footwell water leak

Post by Lister79 »

Hi mate have you checked it’s not coming in through the window regulator panel seal or speaker mount (especially if you have replaced the original speakers).

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Gsi_Jimbo
200BHP+

Post by Gsi_Jimbo »

I’ll pop the passengers side card off and have a look but I’ve not replaced the speakers yet,

Can see it creaping past some seam sealer in the hole just can’t work out where that is outside

peely
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by peely »

Probably behind your wing , maybe take inner arch liner out and check behind , Hope it helps 👍
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
Gsi_Jimbo
200BHP+

Post by Gsi_Jimbo »

Ok will have a look tomorrow and rip the shit shield out and see if I can see anything and give it all another good clean whilst I can get in there

Torpa
100BHP+

Post by Torpa »

I had a leak like yours and it was the windscreen that wasn't bonded (glued) properly.
I took a piece of wire and poked around the window from inside and at one place i could see some small water drops on the wire.
From Sweden
Gsi_Jimbo
200BHP+

Post by Gsi_Jimbo »

Cheers for that info I’ve been meaning to get a replacement screen so may just go ahead with that and see if it solves it

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

May not be relevant to your leak but worth checking the roof rack bolts. Mine were leaking and I was getting a wet footwell carpet. I noticed that my headlining around the grab handle was damp and stained from the water.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Gsi_Jimbo
200BHP+

Post by Gsi_Jimbo »

Checked them as my mates t5 used to leak there but it’s not them,

It’s defiantly coming through skuttle or wheel arch somewhere, it’s a decent stream of water

Windscreen will be my 1st I think

neilmcl
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by neilmcl »

I had something similar with my dad's old Ford Galaxy last month, I think the issue was the scuttle drain, which is on the passenger side, was blocked with dead leaves and crap causing it to overflow and come back down behind the wheel arch and into the footwell. Cleaning the scuttle out and poking a wire down the drain hole fixed the problem but it took ages to get it all dry again. If you just pour water down the windscreen and it leaks then this is likely the same problem.
Last edited by Doc on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Ghost-rider »

I had this once on a b5 passat, as has already been said, the plenum box, which is the area under the scuttle used to fill up with leaves etc., block the drain up and then just fill up with water, what happened over time was that the seal on the pollen filter housing which is in the same area, would fail, then the water would just flow down into the passenger side footwell, unless you reguarly cleaned out your scuttle area, youd only realise youd got a leak when you started getting electrical problems as the internal control module was sat in the passenger footwell, cause now in a puddle of water, along with wet carpets

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gsi_Jimbo
200BHP+

Post by Gsi_Jimbo »

Removed shit shield to find this hopefully this is the cause of the leak and not the screen

Gsi_Jimbo
200BHP+

Post by Gsi_Jimbo »

Still leaking from the same seal so I don’t think it was coming from the skuttle drain as I’ve totally cleared it all out now,

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Is your A pillar door harness plug done up properly and the rubber boot in place?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Gsi_Jimbo
200BHP+

Post by Gsi_Jimbo »

Yea a pillar wiring is all water tight, just stripped drivers side out to check aswell and this sides clear,

I can see some dirty water coming in through a seam towards the wheel arch but there isn’t a hole I can see