Micro camper, from T4 to Caddy

Show off your caddy
CaddyJake
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Micro camper, from T4 to Caddy

Post by CaddyJake »

Hi folks,
Recently bought a caddy and intend to convert it. Going to be tricky as there's 5 of us in the family and we were used to the room of the T4 Image luckily our two boys are adamant about sleeping in the awning in their "grown up camp beds" so we plan on having a full width RnR bed for me and the mrs, and our little girl will have a cab bed similar to the ones you can get for T4s etc.

First on the list I think is to get it a bit lower (it sits incredibly high and feels quite boaty, not as firm or planted as our lowered T4, and that's saying something Image) and to insulate and line out the rear with some lights etc. Can anyone recommend thin insulation? Does the soundproofing rolls work at all or pure rubbish? As I say we're trying to save space so don't want to narrow the rear with loads of Celotex and ply.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

James01
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Micro camper, from T4 to Caddy

Post by James01 »

Fair play getting 5 of you in a caddy and awning, I'm going from t4 to t5 with a growing family of 4!
Theres plenty of info on lining on the forum, will definitely make a difference to heat and noise so worth while
CaddyJake
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Micro camper, from T4 to Caddy

Post by CaddyJake »

Yeah we we're going to just go for another T4 but the caddy is alot nice daily for work. Plus a T5 was just a bit out of our budget. If we pull it off I think it will be a good all rounder. Just got to be more efficient with the space etc.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk