New caddy ???

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: New caddy ???

Post by RKDesigns »

Big shark vin on the roof... a little better than that stupid pimple on the new T6 but why so huge? And sunroof for the ladies haha

Think the mk4 will stay money worth and the other 2K versions as well. Do not get warm to buy the new one.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

That’s interesting watching that video, I don’t think it’s going to have led taillights. They have that slight blur going on and off whereas the headlights when they indicate are definitely led and look to be in the drl part. It also looks bigger to me but then I guess load capacity is something VW will try to improve to compete with other vans.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Just watched it on a larger screen and I'm convinced the rear suspension is new. I can't see any shackles around the axle and I think you can make out the strut platform. Maybe its wishful thinking but looks to me like its going to have a similar setup to the Connect which is going to make air suspension simpler!!

Kreutz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Post by Kreutz »

New official sketches released

https://de.motor1.com/news/395136/vw-ca ... rmationen/

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Interesting. So the details are as I predicted, including the honeycomb grill in the bumper, but the full length tail lights is a suprise!
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Quite like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Gresley
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Gresley »

Good to see they got rid of the over sized upper grill - that never worked for me on the 2016 model.

Never thought I'd see wheel arch transitions like that on a van!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

From today's press release:

Hannover, 27 January 2020 – The new generation is going to be very different and yet it fulfils all familiar demands: Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ fifth generation Caddy will be a completely new car. No screw has been left untouched. The new Caddy will nevertheless again become the benchmark vehicle in the A segment of commercial urban delivery vans and privately used family MPVs. For as a marvellously spacious vehicle with two wheelbases, it continues to fulfil all traditional desires for far-reaching transport options and high levels of freedom in the everyday routines of the manual trades, service providers and families.

The new Caddy's concept designs are becoming more concrete: it is clear that a lot is going to change on Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ small van/MPV model next year. The Cargo version of the Caddy underlines the new confidence in the otherwise so functional, practical category. The draft design shows clearly: the roof line slopes down slightly towards the back, the short wheelbase is becoming longer and the wheels, as requested, bigger. The LED light graphics too are becoming very innovative: the front lights visually extend the grille and lead directly on to the vehicle body’s sporty, elegant side lines. The draft design of the new Caddy also already clearly indicates more vertically arranged, slim lights at the back. Everything different, but still with a large cargo capacity and great flexibility. The features that always made the Caddy attractive to its customers are retained. In short: 100 per cent new, 100 per cent Caddy.

An example of more sportiness in the segment is made clear on the passenger car variant, too: as a short wheelbase the vehicle does not only look more serene, it is in reality broader and longer. The new Caddy will thus be considered by many customers, including those keen on sport and active leisure pursuits, as an interesting, practical option. One eye-catching feature is without doubt the huge panoramic glass roof, the largest in the segment. The new Caddy shows its sporty slim design – with a serene, coherent appearance. All signs that the new model too is launching with the aim of being the benchmark in its class.

At the same time more driver assistance systems than ever before find their way here into the urban delivery vehicle / family MPV class. The new Caddy is ‘always connected’. That means it becomes its own internet device with real-time information on wheels.

Urban delivery van and family MPV versions of the new Caddy will both be presented to the world’s public for the first time at the end of February. Further details to follow.

2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

Who's going to be first to retrofit a panoramic glass roof to a panel van then? :lol:
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Kreutz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Post by Kreutz »

Initial reaction from me, which isn't too surprising considering what we've seen before; Overall I like the design and most of the things I wished for in the new Caddy is there (I hope); Wider and longer, to allow side way loaded pallets in the load compartment, LED headlights and taillights, without any official announcement I'm expecting the new Caddy to adopt the interior style of the new Transporter and Golf, which would be a big improvement. Biggest disappointment from my perspective is if the SWB will have cut outs for windows, that's one of the things I've most loved about the Caddy how smooth and clean the panel van SWB version always been. And in regards to that, the border or whatever it's called running along side of the van, but that might change once seeing the van once released. Also, today's wing mirrors on the MK4 life/edition look nicer than the ones presented here or on spy photos, that and not having moved the side indicators to the mirrors is a big minus IMO.
dan@biali wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:49 am That’s interesting watching that video, I don’t think it’s going to have led taillights. They have that slight blur going on and off whereas the headlights when they indicate are definitely led and look to be in the drl part. It also looks bigger to me but then I guess load capacity is something VW will try to improve to compete with other vans.
Considering today's release one can hope it'll actually have led taillights, all the spy photos and videos suggest otherwise but all the press releases have indicated (lol) it will.
dan@biali wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:18 pm Interesting. So the details are as I predicted, including the honeycomb grill in the bumper, but the full length tail lights is a suprise!
You did a mighty fine job with your sketch! One can hope they'll release a front grill similar to the first sketch for the MPV to retrofit to the panel van :D
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

I've updated a few of the details including the new bonnet and door scallops and changed the grill and lights, plus a tweak to the honeycomb in the front bumper.

Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

I actually quite like that...👍
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Its grown on me more than the 4 did at this stage, although I'm not a fan of this weird honeycomb bumper - it looks like the sort of thing manufacturers do for their hybrids to make them look futuristic.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Done a few more tweaks to see what a 'GTi' version could look like.

tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

The lower profile between roof and top of front doors suggest the overhead storage will be deleted .
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)