Aftermarket stuff ? Which is best ??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

Hi,

Wind Deflectors ?
Heko vs Climair ? (or other ?) any thoughts.

Privacy screens ?
Climair Sonniboy vs Windesa ?

Also are the Mk4 windows actually any different to Mk3.

Looking at sliding rear side windows, and again some are quoted as 2K/Mk3, some Mk4, some Maxi, and some ALL ????
What is the truth ? are there actual differences ?

Thanks for any help / clarifications,
Pete
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Re: Aftermarket stuff ? Which is best ??

Post by mark1a »

Ref wind deflectors, I've had both. The Climair ones were more expensive and seemed good quality, however they were always falling out when the windows dropped. After nearly losing one on the A35 one evening, I replaced them with Heko. The main difference is that the Heko ones have metal clips which hold them into the window seals, and these have been much better, rock solid, they don't look like they going to flap about when the window opens. The quality is barely discernible and they were cheaper, wish I'd bought them in the first place.

Your mileage may vary, other people may have different opinions, etc, etc.
2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 190TDI 6MT OEM+
Santiago 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Wind deflectors
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Android HU | Focal 2.1+2 audio | Dynamat | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

I’ve got Heko on mine. I’ve never had an issue with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

Great

Solid 2 votes for Heko Wind deflectors - Good info too. Save some money and get better results.
Thanks.

Anybody know about the rear side door sliding windows ? Swapping in for fixed type. Seems to be some conflicting info out there, with some saying they are all the same (SWB/Maxi/Mk4 etc.) and some saying each is specific

???
peely
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by peely »

I’ve got side sliding in my maxi , tbh don’t really have them open as we only have the baby in the baby seat , if you jet wash your van which I do you have a little leakage through the seal but other than that they fine , I fitted mine myself so saved a little there , think they were around £85 for the kit but that was 2 years ago 👍
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
NZDubNurd
Hyper Poster

Post by NZDubNurd »

CT deflectors stick on the outside - I threw my Hekos - they rub of the glass and make noise when there's road dust cuaght in there, and I had them move a few times, and was forever resetting the window auto-stop. None of those issues with the CTs.

CTs also come in multiple sizes and colours.
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

Hi,
anybody got strong feelings on DGA vs Heko wind deflectors ?

Ta,
Pete
redcarcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by redcarcaddy »

mark1a wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:14 pm Ref wind deflectors, I've had both. The Climair ones were more expensive and seemed good quality, however they were always falling out when the windows dropped. After nearly losing one on the A35 one evening, I replaced them with Heko. The main difference is that the Heko ones have metal clips which hold them into the window seals, and these have been much better, rock solid, they don't look like they going to flap about when the window opens. The quality is barely discernible and they were cheaper, wish I'd bought them in the first place.

Your mileage may vary, other people may have different opinions, etc, etc.
I have the climair fitted 6 months now never had an issue with them. Statisfied with quality and till now never felt out when open or close window
sbyrne2012
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by sbyrne2012 »

I have iSpeed wind deflectors,they seem to be as good as any tbh