Show off your caddy
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Toffee delights

Post by Lister79 »

Coded in TPMS this morning following the guide at the below:

https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2d98830e59

Also enabled Hill assist while I was in there, really pleased with that and I would never have known it was possible without this forum, so thanks to @allisong for creating the guide. A free mod, they don’t come around very often. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Kickback
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kickback »

So great and good job !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sabbunsingh »

How do you find the rear arb. Is it worth the money

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

Definitely, the van is totally different mate. In my opinion the rear makes more of a change than what the front one did.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Lister79 wrote:Definitely, the van is totally different mate. In my opinion the rear makes more of a change than what the front one did.

I might have to invest in one of them.
Same thing with civics I tune. Rear arb upgrade makes a massive difference.
Thanks for the reply

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Toffee delights

Post by Lister79 »

Been getting some additional security installed, so as a lot of trims had to come out I decided I’d take the opportunity to make the Caddy life rear threshold trims fit a bit better and trim in suede, (I think this van now has more suede than Elvis ImageImage)... A bit of shaping, chopping and plastic welding to add the belt cover sections and I think they look a lot better. Just waiting on some more suede to turn up so I can trim the passenger side.
Also need to do something with the edge of the wood floor. Image

Before

Work in progress

Drivers side finished

Build thread:
Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Gary.8 »

Looking good Lister is the suede foamed backed that you use...
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

Cracking work bud

Could you not use a bit of L shaped wood trim but to size and then trim it in suede?

Lister79
Hyper Poster

Toffee delights

Post by Lister79 »

@Gary.8 cheers mate. No just the normal suede, I was advised that the foam backed stuff is more for seats etc.

@Brooneye thanks mate, yeah I was thinking something like that, might have to have a trip to the timber merchants to see what there is. Possibly try to find some angled plastic as I want to make some covers for the front seat rails as well.

Build thread:
Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Gary.8 »

Ok cheers I just thought the foam back gave you more stretch as I did the front roof liner and found it hard to fit the shape of it ...
as for the floor worth looking at the composite decking corner trim it's hard wearing and comes in various colours.
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

Yeah it can be a right pain.
Cheers mate I’ll have a look at those.

Build thread:
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Toffee delights

Post by Lister79 »

Test fitted the Porsche dual rear caliper brackets I designed to this weekend. Looking forward to getting this fit once I’ve rebuilt the axle. Also going to fit weld on spring saddles (so I can ditch the shackle kit) and relocate the antiroll bar in preparation for when I get Air suspension next year.

Build thread:
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

Lister79 very nice mate I didn’t think you could do anything with the rear axle to add proper suspension apart from putting a suspension set up from a 4wd or am I wrong

caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by caddychris2002 »

Azz03 wrote:Lister79 very nice mate I didn’t think you could do anything with the rear axle to add proper suspension apart from putting a suspension set up from a 4wd or am I wrong Image

I thought the same if i can put springs on that would be awesome van doesn't need to be load bearing i only ever chuck a couple of mtbs in the back. I thought the rear axle floated

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

Caddychris2002 that’s it mate I’ve only ever seen people do the 4wd one with a s3 or r32 if the rear suspension could be swapped out for the leaf springs for its own independent suspension would be mint